Status
Not open for further replies.
Fished Sockeye at China Creek for last time this year. Slower than last week, 4 short of your limit. Saw Red Monster out there. Seiners where there waiting to clean up, I'm guessing what's left of the Sockeye. Another great Sockeye season with friends and Family, can't wait to do it again.

Fished Sockeye at China Creek for last time this year. Slower than last week, 4 short of your limit. Saw Red Monster out there. Seiners where there waiting to clean up, I'm guessing what's left of the Sockeye. Another great Sockeye season with friends and Family, can't wait to do it again.
Why packing it in now? Switching to chinook? Sockeye not over. Based on catch, escapement, and forecast it looks like we're only about 1/3 of the way through the run. Hoping to tub out with my dad when he comes up from WA next, next week. Been canning like a mofo to keep some space in the freezer.
Agree it was slow this weekend tho. Only brought 5 home total both days. Will try again in the morning.

Why packing it in now? Switching to chinook? Sockeye not over. Based on catch, escapement, and forecast it looks like we're only about 1/3 of the way through the run. Hoping to tub out with my dad when he comes up from WA next, next week. Been canning like a mofo to keep some space in the freezer.
Agree it was slow this weekend tho. Only brought 5 home total both days. Will try again in the morning.
Was good to finally see you out there, and then to meet you at the dock. I might try again Friday a.m.

Was good to finally see you out there, and then to meet you at the dock. I might try again Friday a.m.
Was pretty **** today. Started at Dunsmuir and trolled north to stamp narrows. Landed a medium than another too small for me to bother with. Packed it in at 7:45. Will try again tomorrow then give it a couple days

If I had my way I would be out there everyday. But have work and other commitments till end of month

Came home with 7 sockeye total fishing China creek sat and Sunday.losta few at the boat. Everything on a pink and purple glow squirt with green flasher. Fished the wrong area sunday or it would have been far more successful. Crazy watching those 6 seiners pull in and start netting

A good couple days for us right in front of China Creek. Had our limit of 8 each day and lost about the same. No early morning bite for us. Bite seemed to start after 8 today and after 9 yesterday. Fishing deeper up to 90’ but still just using bubblegum and pink/black squirts. Fish chrome with lice on them still.

IMG_1023.jpeg
Check out the water colour at Nahmint on Saturday. It was almost like a glacial inlet. Could barely see our flashers. Oh and we never had a hit at all in 2 hours of fishing.

We were fishing near you sometimes. Love that hourston you have she is a beauty!
Beauty boat for sure! We went by it on Sunday... such nice lines.

We fished for sockeye for a an hour or two on the way out to the Sound on Jul.6 (Thur); got two that day. Spent 2.5 days fishing the Sound... found 3 keeper chinook and 4 keeper lings, but had to work for them... released a few unders of each species, and released some rockfish, seabass, etc. Trolled an hour or two on the way back into Alberni on Sunday... caught 2 sockeye and lost 1. One thing I can contribute is that the fish were hitting at 85 feet or so... our shallower lures did not get any hits; also, no action for us in the Nahmint area... there was some action at San Mateo though. Thanks for the reports everyone, especially @Redfisher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back