2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where’s everyone launching to get out to sandheads. I’m thinking about joining the gong show this weekend but I’ve never fished there.
Captains Cove will be very busy. A couple of alternates would be the Steveston ramp (foot of Number 2 Road?) and Wellington Point ramp in Ladner. Wellington Point is relatively wide, and youre launching into current.

pix of CC ramp at low tide. Not too pretty.

Attachments

• IMG_1637.jpeg
    IMG_1637.jpeg
    461.3 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_1638.jpeg
    IMG_1638.jpeg
    399.8 KB · Views: 92
Captains Cove will be very busy. A couple of alternates would be the Steveston ramp (foot of Number 2 Road?) and Wellington Point ramp in Ladner. Wellington Point is relatively wide, and youre launching into current.

pix of CC ramp at low tide. Not too pretty.
Ladner ramp will be really busy. Get there Early! Tide looks like it will be decent early for that ramp. larger boats should stick to the right side ramp. Parking is ok in the lot for day use. City will start to ticket after 10pm, so park. on the street if your staying out overnight

We did well at PA early yesterday, then 40000 other boats showed up haha...it's definitely holding up the coast nearby our cabin, headed there tonight to see what's up. My neighbor actually bonked a chum yesterday along with one of every other species! Cheers
thats cool he get a pic of the chum? how big was the chum if no pic?

Trolled Capilano - PA and back. Got one miserable pink and lost two other likely pinks. 2 pm - 7 pm. Got caught by strong outflow little wet but Ok. Stocked for sep 1¡

Trolled Capilano - PA and back. Got one miserable pink and lost two other likely pinks. 2 pm - 7 pm. Got caught by strong outflow little wet but Ok. Stocked for sep 1¡
I caught two of the smallest, saddest pinks I have ever seen in my life on Sunday. Lots of sea lice on them, too. Miserable indeed

Last edited:
Gov site was showing a steady 10 knot NW yesterday, see how it goes. There's gonna be 10,000 boats out in a raft so if it gets too squirly, you can simply walk to shore.
I was watching it up until yesterday, and thought that it would be fine but it made the jump forecast today going forward.

As per windy the forecast changed to worst. I was watching it few days and it was showing Friday OK but Thursday was very windy. Now it seems like it shifted. Now I see some models show it shifted even to Saturday.
This is forecast for SH. Most trusted models for me GFS and NAM. I hope it's going to lean towards GFS.
1693415590008.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back