2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good thing I booked Friday-Tuesday off work before the weather forecast changed 🤣. Guess I’ll tie up some lures or something.

As per windy the forecast changed to worst. I was watching it few days and it was showing Friday OK but Thursday was very windy. Now it seems like it shifted. Now I see some models show it shifted even to Saturday.
This is forecast for SH. Most trusted models for me GFS and NAM. I hope it's going to lean towards GFS.
View attachment 97107

The highest wind speed noted is just over 15 knots, giver...

if the forecast for pinks is right there is about 10 million pinks swimming around sandheads right now with another 9ish million to come

will be humpies from hell

Bombed up to the top of the Arm last weekend it's like a wall you could walk on of pinks in the river. Gonna be a smelly Sept for the rvyc kids for sure.

Next question. And maybe this should be it's own thread. But is there any difference in how the waves set up at T10 vs Sandheads? I've been at Sandheads in very rough weather when I was younger. Would T10 be any better?

Thanks for the reply. I dont know the specifics of how currents and wind affect the Harbour yet.

It could be messy running out under the lions gate after that just lumpy.

T10 will be way easier to deal with as tou won't have the epic push of the south arm directly into the NW winds. Then there's the tides...

Thanks for the reply. I dont know the specifics of how currents and wind affect the Harbour yet.
If you include the Fraser River running out of the north arm, that is one of the roughest areas if you are on your way to Sandheads or T10 via False Creek area. It calms “slightly” once past the north arm. If you’re from the north shore, and you stay out further, it might be slightly less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back