2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have success bucktailing South Bowen? Tried a few hours today no dice. I think it was maybe to bright/late in day by the time I got going for surface action.
Moment UV flasher hootchies went back on deeper (47/57) it was busy.

I got out today. Solo. Came back from Point Roberts. Did the border check in False Creek. Went to the hump. Released a couple pink, released a small keeper size spring. kept a couple fat hatchery coho.. on a green hoochie around 40 feet. All in a couple hours. Probably a good fishery to bring the buddy's out.
I also fished that three day opening in Washington state last weekend. Landing a 13# hatchery chinook the first night. Its about 2 wilds to 1 hatchery. But the Saturday night was epic. We didn't get any hatchery fish, but a school of large chinook came in. It was a right place right time situation...lots of fun. Worth the $60 us for a couple day opening.

Attachments

• 20230714_172330.jpg
    20230714_172330.jpg
    347.2 KB · Views: 113
Fished South Bowen today. Lines in at 7:45 am at Cowan and boated 9 coho in the first hour. We boated 8 more before calling it quits at 1 pm. Of the 17, 10 were wild. We ended up keeping 5 nice hatch ho’s and releasing two small ones. We also had an coho hit a white hootchie right on the surface while setting the gear. Also released one small spring. Most of our action was near Cowan while most of the pack was closer to RC.

Attachments

• IMG_8411.jpeg
    IMG_8411.jpeg
    235 KB · Views: 94
I got out today. Solo. Came back from Point Roberts. Did the border check in False Creek. Went to the hump. Released a couple pink, released a small keeper size spring. kept a couple fat hatchery coho.. on a green hoochie around 40 feet. All in a couple hours. Probably a good fishery to bring the buddy's out.
I also fished that three day opening in Washington state last weekend. Landing a 13# hatchery chinook the first night. Its about 2 wilds to 1 hatchery. But the Saturday night was epic. We didn't get any hatchery fish, but a school of large chinook came in. It was a right place right time situation...lots of fun. Worth the $60 us for a couple day opening.
Were you fishing right off the point? Man. There were more opportunities down there a few years ago. There are some good fishing spots. And Pt. Bob is one of them.

Were you fishing right off the point? Man. There were more opportunities down there a few years ago. There are some good fishing spots. And Pt. Bob is one of them.
Yeah it's basically closed, except for those three days. So I just like fishing close to the Point. Taking in all the action of the others from the marina.

It's raging on the straits around roberts creek fyi.

Edit...it has indeed laid down for those who want to test the rain gear.

Last edited:
Went to Cowan Point yesterday at 4PM and had a great time for 3 hours. Limit of hatchery Cohos, 6 or 7 wild ones released, 5 springs released. Glow hootchie with sparkles did the best on Cohos, most Springs on a yellow and green SkinnyG. Flashers were yellow and green with a red blob. Speed between 3 and 3.5 mph. Many thanks to Reel Time for his invaluable advice!

Fished south Bowen yesterday from 1600-2030. Started at RC where we lost two fish in three hours before moving to Cowan based on a report. Cowan was way more productive with 4 fat clipped keeper coho to the boat, two unclipped released and four more fish lost in an hour and a half. There was a boat drifting and fly casting and they were getting into them with ease as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back