2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are the conditions? Was gonna go out today but the wind scared me off....
It is rough for sure, big swells away from the coastline. 34 fish to the boat, three Pink, and four hatchery.

Edit. 36 in total. Lots of healthy, wild coho that fought really well. Some chinook and of course some pinks are coming in now and hatchery coho as well. We weren’t following the shoreline like most of the parade was so we were in big swells and wind out in the usual spot towards the trough, and heading towards the hump from Roger Curtis so you’re crossing all of those contour lines, and we also had times where both sides were vibrating as we were going through all that feed, and the feed was hitting the flasher and cannonball. Back at the dock by noon.

Last edited:
Not sure about south Bowen but by my house on Kits Point the wind certainly has calmed down.
yes by the time we stuck our nose into true Vancouver Harbour, we could finally put the hammer down, but not until then.

Kits Point you say? Do you have any Grey Poupon?

Stopped at CRC for 3:30-5pm, got 4 hatch coho released a bunch more, now at Gower to try to scratch out a spring or two. Laid right down, beauty afternoon.

Edit: no spring love for me at Gower. Had one prob 65cm-ish on, took a couple short runs, shook off 50’ back at the surface with a couple strong head shakes. Perfect sunset ride back in.

Last edited:
Fished near Gower for a couple hours. One big hit that popped right away. One 76cm chinook on a spoon and one massive GD coho off bottom on a 602. We were really going for nookies. Not a flurry, but damn it feels nice to be back out.

Last edited:
Fished this morning out at RC with my 15 and 11 year old lots of action today in the rough stuff. Was cool realizing these kids can do it on there own now. Little guy playing out some nice coho with the big guy on the landing net. I just stayed behind the wheel bucking waves. Caught and released 2 decent Springs out there with the boys on the rods... good times. Wish the Pacific Marine Forecast was correct today but not so much...

Anyone out at south Bowen this morning with a weather update? Was at the boat early this morning tweaking a downrigger that was making some noise last trip. A buddy of mine was coming back in from fishing South Bowen, they got their limit of six hatch between three of them in an hour, but they returned because of the conditions.

Way worse than yesterday, we are locked down for a 3 day SE blow it seems.
Yikes, as I suspected. I might try the afternoon tide change tomorrow, as the conditions have been laying down in the later afternoon.

This wind should make the annual firework boat arrivals from the outlying areas interesting

I don't see this laying down like yesterday, but I see how it goes. This wind means I have to trim trees which I'd rather not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back