2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fished HITW 200 - 250 on the downriggers tried combinations of cop car, no bananas, white flash fly hootchie, green UV hootchies. Not a nibble. Tried west Bowen with the same result.
HITW was stacked with bait.

Fished HITW 200 - 250 on the downriggers tried combinations of cop car, no bananas, white flash fly hootchie, green UV hootchies. Not a nibble. Tried west Bowen with the same result.
HITW was stacked with bait.
try closer in at HITW. There are a few honey holes there, not as deep as you were though. Were you swappin' paint with a ferry?

try closer in at HITW. There are a few honey holes there, not as deep as you were though. Were you swappin' paint with a ferry?
I was in tight the whole time... joked with the wife that we can see what the people on shore were having for lunch lol.

I'll try shallower. Last one I kept there was at 175

fished grace and waterfall yesterday. Several just ‘unders’ at both places and we kept one 9-10lb fat hatchery fish that we got on a needlefish hootchie. Weather quite decent. 2 bacon cheddar smokies for lunch.

Attachments

• C67288BE-A577-4281-A1F4-E93EDA7632FB.jpeg
    C67288BE-A577-4281-A1F4-E93EDA7632FB.jpeg
    344 KB · Views: 116
once again ,

i will defend Scotty lol , maybe just a complete fluke on my end , i run 5 x 2106 riggers , prob above average use , 60- 80 days a year , i use the Sunbrella Covers when not in use in the Spring Summer, and store them inside when not in use in the Winter , Ive changed the counters out every 3- 4 years on the expected battery shelf life , keep 2 spares in both boats at all time , Never any issues. plenty of friends that have very similar experiences , Human Nature tends us to post about the bad experiences more often than good ,
ive had a few covers blow off on the highway lol !! thats about it .... fix... use the sumbrella covers in transport , havent lost one since...

IMHO , love them.....

Just have a question for guys more familiar with fishing around Bowen as I don't have enough experience around there and my success has always been hit-and-miss. I understand following the bait is critical but is there any particular tide you would consider fishing specific spots? For instance, would you concentrate on fishing Grace or around Hut island on the flood and fish Tunstel on the ebb? Thanks in advance.

once again ,

i will defend Scotty lol , maybe just a complete fluke on my end , i run 5 x 2106 riggers , prob above average use , 60- 80 days a year , i use the Sunbrella Covers when not in use in the Spring Summer, and store them inside when not in use in the Winter , Ive changed the counters out every 3- 4 years on the expected battery shelf life , keep 2 spares in both boats at all time , Never any issues. plenty of friends that have very similar experiences , Human Nature tends us to post about the bad experiences more often than good ,
ive had a few covers blow off on the highway lol !! thats about it .... fix... use the sumbrella covers in transport , havent lost one since...

IMHO , love them.....
There’s also a lucky guy on this forum who’s never got sealed. Exceptions do exist!

Just have a question for guys more familiar with fishing around Bowen as I don't have enough experience around there and my success has always been hit-and-miss. I understand following the bait is critical but is there any particular tide you would consider fishing specific spots? For instance, would you concentrate on fishing Grace or around Hut island on the flood and fish Tunstel on the ebb? Thanks in advance.
99% of the bite is 2 hours before or after high or low slack.

At Tunstall right now. No action for us so far but quite a boats out on this sunny day. Saw a few boats head down towards Hutt and the waterfall. Any reports from down there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back