2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cleaned the boat out this afternoon and got it ready for the next outing. Took about $1500 worth of tackle and gear off the boat that I'll be selling. I was really hoping to hear about some fish caught today to make up for my terrible decision to take the day to catch up on chores.

Cleaned the boat out this afternoon and got it ready for the next outing. Took about $1500 worth of tackle and gear off the boat that I'll be selling. I was really hoping to hear about some fish caught today to make up for my terrible decision to take the day to catch up on chores.
Heard of a few fish caught . Makes me wonder why I did the same . Chores can always wait !
Ps what’s for sale :)

Made it out to Bowen yesterday. Boxed one 69cm, lost a pin-popper. A couple smaller ones released. On glow green hoochie and spoon off bottom. Pretty slow but great to take one home - delicious dinner! Flat calm day, beautiful out there. We were the only boat for a quite a while.

Attachments

• 6E220E3D-F9F5-4910-8686-8EC47679F0CC.jpeg
    6E220E3D-F9F5-4910-8686-8EC47679F0CC.jpeg
    351.8 KB · Views: 150
Made it out to Bowen yesterday. Boxed one 69cm, lost a pin-popper. A couple smaller ones released. On glow green hoochie and spoon off bottom. Pretty slow but great to take one home - delicious dinner! Flat calm day, beautiful out there. We were the only boat for a quite a while.
Always nice to take 1 home this time of year I find them to be the better eating fish during this time nice work😀

I was thinking of putting the boat in the water on Sunday first time this winter but looking at the weather forecast, getting completely 2 different forecasts. The government site calls for a Gale warning whereas Windy calls for calm with almost no wind. I guess I have to wait and see.

Fished for a few hours in Howe Sound yesterday. Tried to hit the 9:15 high tide at Tunstall but with no results on 3 tacks, from 145' to 220'. Hunh, I thought to myself. No fish.

Picked up the gear and tried new tackle and a new location – Waterfall. I hadn't fished it before so took a bit to get to know it and was just about to pack it in (ebb really starting to move, out of food) when along a big bait ball in the slack current behind the marked hump and out of it comes a stray. A few cms larger than legal and into the box she goes. Well then, one more pass.

IMG_5983.jpeg

Get it lined up and nothing. Can't find the bait ball retracing back over my track. Best to call it quits. Turn to the helm and then back to the rods and one line is popped. Got on my horse. Strong fight, pulling out some drag, a few runs. Got my solo netting technique in practice and now two in the box she goes.

Both fish in ~180' to ~200' on the black and white glow combo. One male (smaller), one female. Both hatchery clipped. Amazing difference in the flesh colour between them.

IMG_5984.jpeg

Fished for a few hours in Howe Sound yesterday. Tried to hit the 9:15 high tide at Tunstall but with no results on 3 tacks, from 145' to 220'. Hunh, I thought to myself. No fish.

Picked up the gear and tried new tackle and a new location – Waterfall. I hadn't fished it before so took a bit to get to know it and was just about to pack it in (ebb really starting to move, out of food) when along a big bait ball in the slack current behind the marked hump and out of it comes a stray. A few cms larger than legal and into the box she goes. Well then, one more pass.

View attachment 89035

Get it lined up and nothing. Can't find the bait ball retracing back over my track. Best to call it quits. Turn to the helm and then back to the rods and one line is popped. Got on my horse. Strong fight, pulling out some drag, a few runs. Got my solo netting technique in practice and now two in the box she goes.

Both fish in ~180' to ~200' on the black and white glow combo. One male (smaller), one female. Both hatchery clipped. Amazing difference in the flesh colour between them.

View attachment 89036
I noticed Canadian Tire was sold out of black flashers again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back