2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone out today ? Gonna give it a crack tomorrow

Got off the dock at the crack of 9. Rounded the corner into Tunstall and kept going. Lots of boats. Went to 3rd Marker and saw boats with lots of action on undersized and a couple of “barely legals”. Ended day and headed back for beer. Grace kicked out some legal fish I heard. No legal fish for me today. Nice day to be alive.

Got off the dock at the crack of 9. Rounded the corner into Tunstall and kept going. Lots of boats. Went to 3rd Marker and saw boats with lots of action on undersized and a couple of “barely legals”. Ended day and headed back for beer. Grace kicked out some legal fish I heard. No legal fish for me today. Nice day to be alive.
Haha most guys can't resist joining all the other boats at the Tunstall tack.

Last edited:
Good morning I am a new member and would like to share my first post.

Yesterday I launched at McDonald beach, fished Tunstall for a four hour shift with nothing to show for it.
I did see one good size fish landed and a couple small ones released. There were around ten boats there. Prawn fishing was good. We did manage to rope into a big one on the way back to the boat launch and released it at Milltown Marina.
the dog (twig) figured it was too big to keep. Lol

Attachments

• 85288202-7AC6-4F8C-B2B9-4ACCFCE4DFE1.jpeg
    85288202-7AC6-4F8C-B2B9-4ACCFCE4DFE1.jpeg
    313.3 KB · Views: 257
  • 6BF376C4-326A-4EE3-B00C-9426DA6E42E8.jpeg
    6BF376C4-326A-4EE3-B00C-9426DA6E42E8.jpeg
    206.6 KB · Views: 255
We got out yesterday and fished tunstall and waterfall.

No action at tunstall so we started to head towards grace but noticed some bent rods at the waterfall. we popped in and hit a double header right away. All fish were in the mid to upper 50's. Everything on green and white hootchies near bottom.

The bite seemed to fall off around 2pm.. we rode it out until 3 then went back and got our limit of prawns.

Experienced my worst loss to date though.. tackle box went off the side of the boat.

Link to go fund me will come soon... :(

Yesterday I launched at McDonald beach, fished Tunstall for a four hour shift with nothing to show for it.
I did see one good size fish landed and a couple small ones released. There were around ten boats there. Prawn fishing was good. We did manage to rope into a big one on the way back to the boat launch and released it at Milltown Marina.
Good man helping a boater in need!

Haha most guys can't resist joining all the other boats at the Tunstall tack.
Wish i had kept going. 3rd marker was like standing in line at the theatre.

Welcome! Great dog!

Attachments

• CF207516-A991-4C12-8DC5-04011FDB7501.jpeg
    CF207516-A991-4C12-8DC5-04011FDB7501.jpeg
    332.3 KB · Views: 78
Get into any keepers ?
I stuck it out at Tunstal not even a bite for me. Should a have packed up and tried somewhere else but wasn’t sure if the fog was gonna stick around .
A lot of close ones but nada. Luckily no shakers though. I had a newbie on board and he had fun playing them. They were still reasonably scrappy. All pushing close to 60. In hindsight I should have moved after the third or fourth one. Probably got into 20 in the few hours we were there. Gorgeous day out there. Tried a legal prawning area around the corner and did very poorly. I'd imagine the area is hit hard with the all the houses around.

The guys at Pacific Angler did the braid when I got the reels serviced. I believe it's 60. My topshot is 40lb. Make sure your knot is tight and slim to avoid the dreaded chatter and hangup in the guides. Needs maintenence if you don't replace your mono a couple times a season. It makes a night and day difference when fishing deep. Clip pops no problemo
a thin layer of clear nail polish goes a long way on the Albright .

a thin layer of clear nail polish goes a long way on the Albright .
You're right. I forgot to say I use a dab of that clear gel gorilla super glue. Not to hold the knot, just for that nice taper and to keep the snag from forming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back