2023 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lights out fishing. Fished an hour released 7. One rod white hootchie at 150’. All 12-22 pound range and hatchery. Never boated one all easy in water hook released.

Attachments

• 70788772693__0C9269B2-F37B-4ECB-B5B1-CFFEA65B6429.jpeg
    70788772693__0C9269B2-F37B-4ECB-B5B1-CFFEA65B6429.jpeg
    184.4 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_2614.jpeg
    IMG_2614.jpeg
    261.9 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_2618.jpeg
    IMG_2618.jpeg
    175.6 KB · Views: 130
Nice I’m heading out tomorrow with the family. Probably going to try for lings over off texada but will do some passes for salmon also, see what’s around for coho, break out the old big ugly. Coho can’t resist it lol

Got out for the mid day low tide. It was a bit lumpy at first but the coho were thick! Me and the wife managed to bag 4 hatchery coho out of the what seemed like endless fish biting. Definitely a great day when you are running 2 rods but can barely keep both down without a fish on! I lost track after 15 lol great fathers day out at french creek humps. Was running bon chovy flashers and coho killer spoons on both.

Drove by the ramp on Sunday at FC. What a **** show.That FB Fish Reports page ruined French Creek
Was fairly quiet when I launched around noon Sunday, was able to back right in. Went over to texada area trying for lings . Was a grind to get a keeper. Trolled sangster in the evening was a little slow but hit some fish mix of coho a springs. Think French creek is more productive right now

Anyone put much time trying for lings around lasquieti or texada. I’ve put some pretty good effort into the open southern sections of the islands but haven’t had the best results. Tried the edge of the lasquieti rca across from the north end of sangster, looked like a great spot but no luck. Was thinking maybe it didn’t get much pressure being close to rca, couple good rocks with drop offs.

Been pounding hatch coho. They are getting larger every week. Loaded with krill and now starting to also feed on the firecracker bait that is around. If they stick around we’ll have some large ones in a month or so. Last night averaged around 8ish pounds.

I was out on Wednesday, lots of action ran a green glo flasher and spoon Irish cream between 100 and 60 ish pretty good amount of action. Some nice size to them. Ran a plug down deep for some fun and picked up quite a few nice springs to gaff release. Was a little disappointed to see se18 white caps when we showed up to launch. Was forecasting light for days prior including late the night before 😂. We just trolled with it picked up and repeated and it wasn’t too bad.

Fished out front this afternoon from about 330 til 800ish was a little slower action. Tried a bit harder, ended up putting the plugs away and doubled down on the coho set ups but still only ended up with one keeper.,lost some as had a first time fisher on board. Great evening weather wise and a nice whale show. Wasn’t marking much on the humps most the day but massive bait in tight end of the night for us

Attachments

• 152C450A-E190-4EA4-B727-345763BBA4D0.jpeg
    152C450A-E190-4EA4-B727-345763BBA4D0.jpeg
    316.7 KB · Views: 45
fished the last couple of days, good coho action between 90 and 180 feet, also started getting pinks yesterday. First one on a Gibbs wee g, so after we got our hatchery coho we started targeting pinks red hootchie 90 feet ended up with 4.

fished the last couple of days, good coho action between 90 and 180 feet, also started getting pinks yesterday. First one on a Gibbs wee g, so after we got our hatchery coho we started targeting pinks red hootchie 90 feet ended up with 4.
Get into any springs

Good job. Were you trolling French Creek?

Went out this morning for a morning jig with my brother who’s visiting from Ottawa. Released some barely under sized springs and wild coho. Last cast at Cottam, my brother hooks into a 12lb spring at the green can on a 40 gram macdeep. Match the hatch as all the bait was real small.

Attachments

• IMG_0330.jpeg
    IMG_0330.jpeg
    207.9 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Went out this morning for a morning jog with my brother who’s visiting from Ottawa. Released some barely under sized springs and wild coho. Last cast at Cottam, my brother hooks into a 12lb spring at the green can on a 40 gram macdeep. Match the hatch as all the bait was real small.

Beauty fish! So chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back