2023 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Late report from last weekend
Prawning was outstanding, had to work hard but managed our limit of springs and released a few nice coho. surprisingly landed a few beauty sockeye at 60 feet and 3.0 mph lol

Attachments

• 20230522_101233.jpg
    20230522_101233.jpg
    685.8 KB · Views: 247
  • 20230521_125605.jpg
    20230521_125605.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 242
Late report from last weekend
Prawning was outstanding, had to work hard but managed our limit of springs and released a few nice coho. surprisingly landed a few beauty sockeye at 60 feet and 3.0 mp
Do you have those cat food cans strapped in? Usually I just use the bait canisters mixed with pellets and carlyle. Do those cans give an extra scent trail?

I'll be fishing Bamfield on the last week of July, Is there any point bringing prawn traps then? Not sure if the commercial is still open by then.
give er!! commies will be done soon.

Heading to Barkley sound on the 9th for 5 days, camping in the Broken Islands w a 24’ aluminium. First time fishing WCVI, hoping to spend some time targeting halibut and some on salmon. I have read the old reports and salmon university, but if anyone has any advise for where to try in the sound or offshore this time of year, I am all ears. Cheers

Me and my sons will be at Mckay Bay from June 27-July 1st. Can someone tell me the regs./limits for springs so I don't have to decifer it off the DFO site? Inshore/offshore? Will sockeye be in that area still? I want to target salmon with jigs and trolling hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back