2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the Grand slam for species yesterday at SH Landed 2 Chinook, 5 Coho, 1 Sockeye and 1 Chum. Lost two other Sockeye and two Chinook.

My 9-year-old daughter landed the Chum. It put up a great fight and she fought it like a champ. No more Dad helping her at all. Made my buddy who was with us feel a bit guilty as he lost two Chinook and two sockeye.
thats awesome i was going to try for some of those on the ocean this year caught lots on the river never on the ocean

what r m85 hootchies u have any pics of them?

I had to go out and adjust the riggers last night so I trolled around the harbor for an hour. I've always seen lots of jumpers on my way out in the morning. Didn't hook up with anything but man were there a lot of fish on the sounder. Jumpers all over the place. I didn't break out the coho or sock gear but I'm sure they're there. Gorgeous evening for a little solo recharge after finishing all my guiding courses. Need to get the boat registered next and I'm ready to start charging @Reeltime money!
20220924_190000.jpg20220924_185530.jpg

Where’s best place to fish sox? Deep or closer to shore at SH?
Started at 5-600 feet of water and trolled straight for the Green can and hitting patches of schools right away one after the other... if it slowed id loop back down the same line past the hits and looped back.. 120-130 on the rigger.. followed the same direction of most of the sock jumping
4A84ACD4-2145-4414-88B7-3BA259224809.JPGIMG_4841.jpeg

I had to go out and adjust the riggers last night so I trolled around the harbor for an hour. I've always seen lots of jumpers on my way out in the morning. Didn't hook up with anything but man were there a lot of fish on the sounder. Jumpers all over the place. I didn't break out the coho or sock gear but I'm sure they're there. Gorgeous evening for a little solo recharge after finishing all my guiding courses. Need to get the boat registered next and I'm ready to start charging @Reeltime money!
View attachment 85611View attachment 85612
Beef short ribs and samosas with mint and tamarind chutney is not cheap.... 😉 don't worry couple Youtube vids of this summer will pay for the gas all next summer... 1000 hours of clips not looking forward to scrubbing through it all lol should be fun potty mouth

No plus 40s for this guy today. Or ever for that matter. It was a slow day. We fished for chinook from 715 to until 130. At sandheads. Then switched to the full sockeye setup. 130-315. Nothing. We brought the boat back from Point Roberts for the rest of the season until next July when we take it back. Sad day leaving PR but looking forward to being able to sneak more midweekers in.

Needed a “me” day so went for a solo mission. 10am-2pm at SH targeting springs, chovies at 40-70, finally got a nice dance with a 15lb white. Switched to sockeye gear & went out deeper, within 5 min pin-popper, screamed out half my spool, best fight of the season a 19lb white on the pink squirt/purple flash going dead slow. No Sox for my 2hr effort, packed it in around 4. Beauty day out there. 16C347CD-C416-4C95-8F6A-7785D23025DD.jpeg

Here’s another pic of the 43 from Friday. Mind boggling that fish like this can be local.

Attachments

• D725B8C3-6A52-472C-A38A-6FF5E9E5DBBC.jpeg
    D725B8C3-6A52-472C-A38A-6FF5E9E5DBBC.jpeg
    410.3 KB · Views: 349
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back