2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What depth are you guys catching sockeye at?lol. Yesterday I got a whole bunch of coho on sockeye gear. No sockeye. We were going very slow. But realistically our lines were probably cruising at 30 45 and 40 ft. Now I'm thinking we should have been deeper. But in Port alberni earlier this year the sockeye were biting our top lines.
T10 on Saturday was 65'-100'

Can I get an update on Cap conditions right now? Got little ones with me today. Don't want to drive from squamish of its too lumpy. Thanks

Can I get an update on Cap conditions right now? Got little ones with me today. Don't want to drive from squamish of its too lumpy. Thanks
Flat calm

Got the Grand slam for species yesterday at SH Landed 2 Chinook, 5 Coho, 1 Sockeye and 1 Chum. Lost two other Sockeye and two Chinook.

My 9-year-old daughter landed the Chum. It put up a great fight and she fought it like a champ. No more Dad helping her at all. Made my buddy who was with us feel a bit guilty as he lost two Chinook and two sockeye.

Attachments

• PXL_20220919_172033205.jpg
    PXL_20220919_172033205.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 239
Let me know if anyone finds a net floating at Sandheads. I guess the side to side troll knocked my net our of the holder!

What depth are you guys catching sockeye at?lol. Yesterday I got a whole bunch of coho on sockeye gear. No sockeye. We were going very slow. But realistically our lines were probably cruising at 30 45 and 40 ft. Now I'm thinking we should have been deeper. But in Port alberni earlier this year the sockeye were biting our top lines.
Last minute decision ( sorry Tim) Ran across from the island Monday, lines in at sandheads at 10am, had two Sox and lost one by 10:30. Left at 2:00 with 6. lines at 70-80 ft Bit of a rough ride over, better coming home. Sure is tough fishing with all the current, not fun, as my wife says. Lol.

Last minute decision ( sorry Tim) Ran across from the island Monday, lines in at sandheads at 10am, had two Sox and lost one by 10:30. Left at 2:00 with 6. lines at 70-80 ft Bit of a rough ride over, better coming home. Sure is tough fishing with all the current, not fun, as my wife says. Lol.
most kickers in that area have very low hours.

Sandheads1 - Ab no score! Had a few unders and a chum to the boat. Then had a nice spring rip and run 3 times, somehow he spat the hooks on the way in.

It was a deadzone off t10 on the run out then I saw a few boats there on the way back around 1 pm, and one dude had a nice one on.

See ya all Friday!

Last edited:
Depends where you plan to launch. It's blowing thru Howe Sound and Whitecaps. If you launch at Sunset or Horseshoe then it will be a very lumpy ride till you get around Pt Atkinson where the water will be flat. Launch in n van and it will be an easier ride.
Where in N. Van to launch? Is there more places besides Cates Park?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back