2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
read back a bunch of pages on here and you should have all the info you need.
We have had steady action at Sandheads. Ten fish to the boat. Springs, wild cohos, Sockeyes and Chums. It’s getting sporty now though.

Attachments

• FC148358-B5F1-4C25-8EBD-3AA4F809EFFB.jpeg
    FC148358-B5F1-4C25-8EBD-3AA4F809EFFB.jpeg
    384.5 KB · Views: 217
  • E226ABF4-1049-4625-84EC-BADE362433BD.jpeg
    E226ABF4-1049-4625-84EC-BADE362433BD.jpeg
    232.7 KB · Views: 208
  • 41ED6529-0A1F-47FC-9FAD-ACBC9B387E4E.jpeg
    41ED6529-0A1F-47FC-9FAD-ACBC9B387E4E.jpeg
    231.8 KB · Views: 216
Went 1 for 6 at Sandheads all on anchovy at 70’. Then it got too sporty so tried at cap for an hour. 0 for 1 there. But I went 4 for 4 for beers on the patio afterwards thinking about the ones that got away. Even my buddy who was of no use whatsoever in getting a fish in the boat went 4 for 4 on the patio!!!

Been a long time since my batting average was that low.

Went 1 for 6 at Sandheads all on anchovy at 70’. Then it got too sporty so tried at cap for an hour. 0 for 1 there. But I went 4 for 4 for beers on the patio afterwards thinking about the ones that got away. Even my buddy who was of no use whatsoever in getting a fish in the boat went 4 for 4 on the patio!!!

Been a long time since my batting average was that low.
Welcome to the SH club! We were at SH from first light to about 1:00. We ended up with 3 chinook from 9 to about 14 pounds and 1 sockeye. I have caught maybe 10 sockeye on anchovies this year, 7 of which were before the opening so back they went. The other 3 I got on anchovy. I haven’t landed a single sock on hootchies. We have been targeting sockeye as we have been catching some awesome chinook since Sept 1 but even if we target sockeye we are not connecting and get wild coho or chinook. I think I have lost at least 25 sockeye since they have been open. I am going 3 for 3 on the white wine tho!

Fished sandheads today. Lines down at 800am. One nice hit I couldn't get at around noon. So we put out the sockeye gear. Cone zone. Five flashers and three lines out. Ten minutes in our first ever triple header. We landed all three. Turned out to be three hatchery coho. Then another double header. Got our coho. Released about ten after that. Mix of wild and hatchery. Not one sockeye., we were trolling extremely slow. The coho were biting off the drop. It was a good day. A definite case of right place at the right time. I'll be bringing the boat back to North Vancouver on Sunday from Point Roberts and focus on the cap.

First time for us today at sand heads as we have a bigger boat now. Very civil compared to the cap on a low tide. Lost way more fish than we caught. When the finder lit up we almost always got a hit. Two triple headers with only 2 of the 6 landed. Ended up with 5 sockeye in the box between 830 and 2. Probably try there again tomorrow?

what depth and what on u get your chums at? id like to try for some
In past I’ve caught them on bait and purple hootchies. Today both were on Sockeye hootchies. In fact all ten fish today were. Can’t recall exact depth however would have been 50-80’ because we were targeting sockeyes

What depth are you guys catching sockeye at?lol. Yesterday I got a whole bunch of coho on sockeye gear. No sockeye. We were going very slow. But realistically our lines were probably cruising at 30 45 and 40 ft. Now I'm thinking we should have been deeper. But in Port alberni earlier this year the sockeye were biting our top lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back