2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out at T10 again this am. Lines in at 8 am. Wind similar to yesterday with a bit of rain mixed in. A few unders in a row as we watched nets out all around us. Finally hit a low teens at 57’ on a med. herring. Then lost two heavy fish and landed a mid to upper teens football 47’ on a chovie. Wind has settled some, still a fair chop but very fishable. About 40 boats in the ‘hood.

I’m really not sure yet, it’s hard to get info from these top rods ;)
But it involves stuffing herring into teaser heads,
Taping the crap out of them.
I’m thinking of trying to modify a teaser head so it will take a larger size herring but not sure if these salmon would hit on a 12” herring as the bait everyone is using is like 5” anchovy.

I’m thinking of trying to modify a teaser head so it will take a larger size herring but not sure if these salmon would hit on a 12” herring as the bait everyone is using is like 5” anchovy.
They make herring heads but I hate the roll on them.

T10 is good today, bait slightly ahead in the count vs spoons, lures. Had some action early on without a flasher, but went to a really bright green glow flasher with spoons and it did show a marked improvement. Against current has the most hits.

View attachment 84605
Looks like the easy fishing is back on lol ;)
Nice work man

Anyone see the guy land the seagull at T-10? Are they open right now? Can’t find it on DFO website.

When does everyone like to bleed/gut their fish? I usually stop fishing to do it instantly when fishing solo as it seems to keep the meat exceptionally fresh. Catching more is less important to me than keeping your already caught fish in top condition. There seems to be mixed feelings about this as I see most people just stuff it in a box and continue fishing. Thoughts?

Anyone see the guy land the seagull at T-10? Are they open right now? Can’t find it on DFO website.
Send the head to dfo for DNA analysis.... they will likely confirm "its a chinook and it's a species of concern" because the guy that analyzes the data from that program copies and pastes "species of concern" in for every 6 out of 7 samples taken to manipulate their data to justify closing us down...they don't even look at what's sent in.

When does everyone like to bleed/gut their fish? I usually stop fishing to do it instantly when fishing solo as it seems to keep the meat exceptionally fresh. Catching more is less important to me than keeping your already caught fish in top condition. There seems to be mixed feelings about this as I see most people just stuff it in a box and continue fishing. Thoughts?
Fill a 5gal bucket 1/4full of water cut gills head first into the bucket gear back down. Gut into the bucket after then put on ice in cooler or kill bag.

Bullet roll heads ftw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back