2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fished Point Atkinson today. It was choppy with ugly swells but stuck it out and it paid off. Trolled just around the corner in calmer water within 28-6. 2 keepers and another 4 Chinook tagged and released and one hatch coho. One red and one white. 35 ft to 65 ft worker best.
What we’re you using ?

Skinny G to start then switched weegee. Cop car and a blue/white weegee. Purple haze and lemon lime flashers. Just our lucky day. Skunked 2 previous times out. Both keepers high at 35 and 40. Go figure eh
Awesome man. If you need a hand out there next time let me know. My boat is jinxed in that area haha .

Fished Point Atkinson today. It was choppy with ugly swells but stuck it out and it paid off. Trolled just around the corner in calmer water within 28-6. 2 keepers and another 4 Chinook tagged and released and one hatch coho. One red and one white. 35 ft to 65 ft worker best.
That’s a hatch chinook.

Please help!

28-6 is open for springs, and as best I interpret the rules there is no slot - minimum 62 cm, and as big as you please.

I suspect I am wrong, but will one of you more learned people show me were it says otherwise. I can't find it!

Thanks,

Please help!

28-6 is open for springs, and as best I interpret the rules there is no slot - minimum 62 cm, and as big as you please.

I suspect I am wrong, but will one of you more learned people show me were it says otherwise. I can't find it!

Thanks,
FN released July 22 notes the max of 80cm

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220806-215910_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220806-215910_Chrome.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Tighthead - thanks!

I had thought that the FishingBC App was the gospel, and nowhere on that does it mention the slot.

Under the Q&A section it says:" If your copy of the app has downloaded the latest content available, the Regulations displayed will be current and the most recent."

Do you use that app? Can you show me there were it mentions the 80 cm?

Thanks a lot,

Keith

Tighthead - thanks!

I had thought that the FishingBC App was the gospel, and nowhere on that does it mention the slot.

Under the Q&A section it says:" If your copy of the app has downloaded the latest content available, the Regulations displayed will be current and the most recent."

Do you use that app? Can you show me there were it mentions the 80 cm?

Thanks a lot,

Keith
FN released July 22 notes the max of 80cm
Howesoundhound - thanks as well.

The latest PA reports on their Facebook page come right out and say fishing is slow on the Vancouver side, and that they cross regularly.

So, to my question, would guides do a fuel surcharge for that extra running time?
The fishing is slow because you can't retain anything or even catch and release where the fish are. If you were able to fish off the South Arm or T-10 there would be fish. It all goes back to politics!

The fishing is slow because you can't retain anything or even catch and release where the fish are. If you were able to fish off the South Arm or T-10 there would be fish. It all goes back to politics!
Speaking of the south arm or the middle arm has anyone noticed any schools of sockeye on the sounder … thought they might be a few schools around by now ?

Speaking of the south arm or the middle arm has anyone noticed any schools of sockeye on the sounder … thought they might be a few schools around by now ?
I ran the boat from Maple Ridge to Steveston and back yesterday to go for dinner with friends and I lost count at 25 boats with nets strung side to side. Tugs & barges were giving them all 5 long blasts trying to navigate the mayhem. Every boat I saw looked quite busy & successful in their haul.

Yes thats where I meant 28-6 , a little dixylexa after a day on the water, so lots of bait between the fisheries and there no takers though
cheers

Saw fish jumping at the mouth of the north arm saturday morning when i was heading out. I bet they are out there.

Anyone in the west van bowen area, wondering if its as lumpy as windy predicts? Don't want to take the kids out if it is. Coming all the way from squamish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back