2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It gets a really good pink run. I see seals and whales up there. I figure there must be salmon. But I can't find anytime in history where people got chinooks consistently.
It gets a really good pink run. I see seals and whales up there. I figure there must be salmon. But I can't find anytime in history where people got chinooks consistently.
I heard there was not enough oxygen in the water for Chinook to stack up for weeks as they get ready for returning to the river

I’m sure there are a few springs around now getting ready to head up the Fraser and other river systems that get a run in March. Should be getting more reports of bigger fish in the coming weeks. Hopefully lol it would be nice if the Indian arm produced. It would be a short boat ride and a nice fishing area

I’m sure there are a few springs around now getting ready to head up the Fraser and other river systems that get a run in March. Should be getting more reports of bigger fish in the coming weeks. Hopefully lol it would be nice if the Indian arm produced. It would be a short boat ride and a nice fishing area
I gave up fishing Indian arm years ago. My gear was consistently getting covered in jellyfish. No luck at all with springs. Did a couple of overnight soaks for prawns. Caught enough for a shrimp cocktail :)
Did have some fun a few years back catching Pinks though.

I gave up fishing Indian arm years ago. My gear was consistently getting covered in jellyfish. No luck at all with springs. Did a couple of overnight soaks for prawns. Caught enough for a shrimp cocktail :)
Did have some fun a few years back catching Pinks though.
When you did fish the arm did you ever catch even one spring or coho.?

Been getting a handful of sand lance in my fish around bowen this past week. Not common for this area , anyone else seeing this?

Took my dad out to tunstall today and fished from 8-130pm. 3 to the boat, but all 4cm or less under. Was a great afternoon minus all the crap in the water holy moly haven’t seen that much debris before. Can’t wait till it warms up and it’s shorts, t shirts, and steaks on the BBQ.
Tried out the new Fusion deck, pretty happy with it can control it from my phone and MFD, coooool. Next wish list items, kicker, auto pilot and an inverter for the Mrs; it really never ends lol

Been getting a handful of sand lance in my fish around bowen this past week. Not common for this area , anyone else seeing this?
I used to use an AP Sandlance almost exclusively at Tunstall. I was told the area was full of them and that's probably why it worked. Never checked bellies myself to verify.

Any reports out there if the hump has been producing lately? Usually picks up in a few weeks right in time for the closures.

I used to use an AP Sandlance almost exclusively at Tunstall. I was told the area was full of them and that's probably why it worked. Never checked bellies myself to verify.
Have had sandlance in bellies at grace as well.

Any reports out there if the hump has been producing lately? Usually picks up in a few weeks right in time for the closures.
Poked around in that general area last week, had two fish pop the clip and run before popping the hooks in the limited time I fished it. Fish start suspending and moving offshore in the next few weeks. Always get a few really nice fish early april out there using big 5 - 6 inch plugs and spoons .
Got this fish out there April 1 a few years ago .

Attachments

• 900950C0-1ED6-4B68-B69A-D7D7FFB8828C.jpeg
    900950C0-1ED6-4B68-B69A-D7D7FFB8828C.jpeg
    572.9 KB · Views: 178
Poked around in that general area last week, had two fish pop the clip and run before popping the hooks in the limited time I fished it. Fish start suspending and moving offshore in the next few weeks. Always get a few really nice fish early april out there using big 5 - 6 inch plugs and spoons .
Got this fish out there April 1 a few years ago .
Right on, beauty fish! I figure it’s little early but I’ll give it a go on Monday and report back. I’ve had limits there first half of April before the closures started up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back