2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weather was nice, brats on the bbq were nice, playing hooky from work was nice… fishing however was pretty slow. Fished tunstall and grace today and had no action for first 3 hours before finding a pocket of fish at tunstall in 150’. Sadly, the 6-7 fish we hooked were all a few cm’s short of legal. Ended the day getting sealed but likely another under based on the first few seconds of the fight before the seal grabbed on. All in all great day for Feb. skinny G and Chovy both worked… eventually.
looked like awesome conditions for u

Fished south of Bowen once again. Couple of unders and finally one keeper. A few legal crabs and almost a 100 good size prawn. Was a fantastic day to be on the water.

Attachments

• 0B20C6FC-FF68-4E28-9D12-843E81C6B747.jpeg
    0B20C6FC-FF68-4E28-9D12-843E81C6B747.jpeg
    441.2 KB · Views: 177
  • E29392FF-DC59-480D-80E5-277E43C337CB.jpeg
    E29392FF-DC59-480D-80E5-277E43C337CB.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 175
Fished south of Bowen once again. Couple of unders and finally one keeper. A few legal crabs and almost a 100 good size prawn. Was a fantastic day to be on the water.
awesome i havent really fished south end of bowen for feeders

Anyone have a trailer that can take a 27ft Bayliner 275 and is willing to let me borrow it for a few hours? Some debris in the water pulled off my transducer last time I was out and I need to screw it back on. It will literally take me 10 minutes to fix but the boat needs to be out. I’m based out of Lynnwood in North Vancouver. Maybe you are launching to go fishing and I could pull my boat out the water for 10 mins. Dugald 604-783-8983

Fished Tunstall Bay and Bowen Bay on Friday from 9:30am to 1:15pm, through the high tide at ~11:15, and it was quiet but had some luck after a bit of searching. 4 fish on, 3 landed, 2 keepers (both hatchery males).

IMG_4627.jpg

First keeper was in 160' off the W tip of the bank that comes out from Tunstall. Brought it in, measured it, bonked it and bled it and DFO stopped in for a chat. I saw them lurking with another boat so had just managed to note the fish on my license. They checked barbs, used their own measuring tape on the fish, checked my license and were on their way. All cordial and niceness.

IMG_4630.jpg

Second keeper was in 180' in Bowen Bay along the contours, in a pocket out of the current. Marked lots of fish along these pockets but could only entice the one to bite. The upside to getting checked is the second keeper came after and was larger, so no measurement needed.

Hoochies were better producers than spoons and the usual colour patterns – chartreuse and blue / purple.

Last edited:
Fished Tunstall Bay and Bowen Bay on Friday from 9:30am to 1:15pm, through the high tide at ~11:15, and it was quiet but had some luck after a bit of searching. 4 fish on, 3 landed, 2 keepers (both hatchery males).

View attachment 75826

First keeper was in 160' off the W tip of the bank that comes out from Tunstall. Brought it in, measured it, bonked it and bled it and DFO stopped in for a chat. I saw them lurking with another boat so had just managed to note the fish on my license. They checked barbs, used their own measuring tape on the fish, checked my license and were on their way. All cordial and niceness.

View attachment 75827

Second keeper was in 180' in Bowen Bay along the contours, in a pocket out of the current. Marked lots of fish along these pockets but could only entice the one to bite. The upside to getting checked is the second keeper came after and was larger, so no measurement needed.

Hoochies were better producers than spoons and the usual colour patterns – chartreuse and blue / purple.
awesome

I’m no expert of the area though went up there Friday for the first time and tried my luck with a 2 hour soak for prawns. Nadda

I’m no expert of the area though went up there Friday for the first time and tried my luck with a 2 hour soak for prawns. Nadda
I have not fished that area in decades, but the suggestion I gave is all we were getting at that time. No salmon that I recall around the corner and towards Deep Cove

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back