2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
GPS location along with a live stream of some GoPro cams down on the riggers would be nice. Can you do that Rain City? 🤣
While you’re at it, add the live cams on sand heads so we can see the wind/wave conditions. Thanks in advance…

While you’re at it, add the live cams on sand heads so we can see the wind/wave conditions. Thanks in advance…

No web cam but this has been handy during the gale warnings of the last week and going forward. Use the LM tab for lower mainland only. Turn phone sideways if not on a pc or tablet to see the complete data.

Fished sunrise to noon at pt atkinson light. Boxed two 70cm reds and released some wild coho. springs took bait coho took white hoochies all within 50-110 feet. lots debris in the water at times. saw a few other guys out but not many nets

Attachments

• image0 (1).jpeg
    image0 (1).jpeg
    230.5 KB · Views: 333
Was only able to get a couple hours at T10 this morning. Nothing we caught is worth mentioning. Saw a few others with hits but only one other net came out of its holder. Several boats doing the bell buoy, mile markers tack. From the lack of posts I’m guessing it’s slow everywhere this morning?

Was only able to get a couple hours at T10 this morning. Nothing we caught is worth mentioning. Saw a few others with hits but only one other net came out of its holder. Several boats doing the bell buoy, mile markers tack. From the lack of posts I’m guessing it’s slow everywhere this morning?
Fishing Pt Atkinson. Just landed a 35 inch chrome spring. 73 feet on downrigger

F68B38F4-B241-4555-BC49-6544CE30E478.jpegFished sandheads 6-11. Managed to box a 16lbs white on an anchovy at 42’ in 300’ of water, 1 lost at the boat, 2 sockeyes and 3 others that didn’t stick. Bite was good when I got out there but the action seemed to have stopped after 8.

Last edited:
Haven’t heard anything regarding the Cap recently. We are coming from Mosquito Creek tomorrow, is it worth fishing the mouth or do we just keep trucking til we get to T-10?

Haven’t heard anything regarding the Cap recently. We are coming from Mosquito Creek tomorrow, is it worth fishing the mouth or do we just keep trucking til we get to T-10?
Many of us were at the middle and south arm when it first opened and were quite successful, so to keep some space on our license for winter feeder springs, heading to the Capilano and trying for hatchery Coho has been a strategy.

Keeping space on the license is a problem that I don’t have, we are late to the party for Fall Chinook fishing around the city! Is it too early in Sept to target springs off the mouth of the Cap? Should we just hammer it to T-10 tomorrow?

Keeping space on the license is a problem that I don’t have, we are late to the party for Fall Chinook fishing around the city! Is it too early in Sept to target springs off the mouth of the Cap? Should we just hammer it to T-10 tomorrow?
Go up a few posts (Rarnet) for Pt Atkinson success. The Bell Buoy to mile markers area, while respecting the SRKW no-go zone, is local and quick to get to. North Arm has always produced this time of year.

Got a late start at the South Arm. Three hits, three Springs in. Kept two 15 pounders. Both reds and both caught on chovies.

Attachments

• FA441025-2ECA-4A98-81A1-90B51CC7DDB4.jpeg
    FA441025-2ECA-4A98-81A1-90B51CC7DDB4.jpeg
    205.9 KB · Views: 184
  • 5062E075-89E9-4874-83AB-FD784393306A.jpeg
    5062E075-89E9-4874-83AB-FD784393306A.jpeg
    288.2 KB · Views: 161
  • 27FE5A21-623B-4C51-883F-CE6E1AEBEAA8.jpeg
    27FE5A21-623B-4C51-883F-CE6E1AEBEAA8.jpeg
    285.6 KB · Views: 146
  • E546FF3E-6271-4D63-B39F-4E42E2896260.jpeg
    E546FF3E-6271-4D63-B39F-4E42E2896260.jpeg
    360.1 KB · Views: 198
Keeping space on the license is a problem that I don’t have, we are late to the party for Fall Chinook fishing around the city! Is it too early in Sept to target springs off the mouth of the Cap? Should we just hammer it to T-10
if you are on the water early I would fish the high slack at the cap 830am. Then go else where. I fished T10 11:30-2 pm today. Lost one beside the boat. That was it. Saw 3 others with nets out.

I'd start early at PA and troll easterly to the bay on the east of the fisheries building. If no hits, rip across to T10 and troll to SH for the low slack.

I like that idea Ringo, might just work. If anyone is out for the 8pm high slack tonight off the WV waterfront would be great to hear how it goes.
CodyP- thanks for the intel. The 11:30-2pm window is brutal for producing fish unless they are thick and feeding like crazy!

I like that idea Ringo, might just work. If anyone is out for the 8pm high slack tonight off the WV waterfront would be great to hear how it goes.
CodyP- thanks for the intel. The 11:30-2pm window is brutal for producing fish unless they are thick and feeding like crazy!
It’s funny as 1230-2pm produced 80% of our hookups on the weekend.

We were in full beer/chip mode when it began.

Sandheads early morning bite was good from 640 to 8:30 in tighter. Got sealed twice boated 2 and had a few more hits that didn’t pan out. Went pretty dead so Ripped over to T ten for the low slack. Didn’t see much but got one a little before three. Two high teens one 21 all marbled. The bigger fish took a really long time to want to come to the boat! 47-67 chovie and herring pretty equal. Looks like I turned italics on

Last edited:
While waiting for my own boat to be repaired, took up @Morty’s offer to take me out as a fishy buddy this past Saturday. Met him at Milltown and was pleasantly surprised when another member @tin ron was also invited to join our little adventure. Both are fine, fine gentlemen. We were at the fishing ground off T 10 around 2ish. Had multiple shakers taking our bait and spoons but no keepers. We tried all sorts of depth as well. Shared some good fishing stories while we waited for a keeper that finally showed up around 5:30ish when we decided head back in. It was a pin popper that took Morty’s skinny G herring aid spoon in 29 feet of water. Ron took the helm while I was on the net and Rick was playing the fish. It was a total Sportfishjngbc team effort but we managed to land a feisty 9 lb after 10 minutes. At the end, we didn’t all get to bring a fish home but a good time was had by all on the boat. Starting new friendship and sharing fishing stories and knowledge is way more satisfying than limiting out. Thanks again to Morty and Tin Ron. Until next time. Tight lines.

Attachments

• 56A3F948-625D-4CCD-B7D1-01C35A01FE72.jpeg
    56A3F948-625D-4CCD-B7D1-01C35A01FE72.jpeg
    319.1 KB · Views: 125
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back