2022 Tuna Adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eyeing up the weather for tomorrow. How far off are the tuna these days? Leaving from ukee Harbour.
Just did a dockwalk and the well known guide with the fast boat w/ triple outboards said 35 miles. Looked like he was gearing up. Too far for me in the 17 whaler, but tempting. Good luck.

Good day on Friday for us. Tuna were around in numbers I have never seen, but the bite seemed hard to get going. Only one triple header and mostly singles. Fish were in large numbers at 38-42 from Ukee at Loudoun.

Iced up Resized_20220901_152809.jpeg
Iced down Resized_20220902_180924.jpegResized_20220902_171618.jpeg
My boat on the grounds, thanks ZloyResized_IMG_7373.jpeg.jpeg
And a good buddy boat on the grounds Resized_20220902_152801.jpeg

Only burned 46 gallons of gas if you can believe it!

Good day on Friday for us. Tuna were around in numbers I have never seen, but the bite seemed hard to get going. Only one triple header and mostly singles. Fish were in large numbers at 38-42 from Ukee at Loudoun.

Iced up View attachment 84628
Iced down View attachment 84629View attachment 84630
My boat on the grounds, thanks ZloyView attachment 84631
And a good buddy boat on the grounds View attachment 84632

Only burned 46 gallons of gas if you can believe it!
Yeah that’s an economic tuna trip!

Just did a dockwalk and the well known guide with the fast boat w/ triple outboards said 35 miles. Looked like he was gearing up. Too far for me in the 17 whaler, but tempting. Good luck.
Hopefully it stays that way, forecast now looks like the warm water is getting further away right as the derby starts.

Final count was 22. I think we could have gotten to 25 pretty easily but we tried to pop the halibut cherry too, without any luck. Got mine fillet and vacuum packed last night and hope to smoke the bellies in the next day or two. I had to take out a ton of crab bait to make room for the loins in the freezers. Between tuna bait and old salmon and halibut carcasses I have lots of crabbing to do this week!
efffin rights
We hooked the triple crown..... Just put some time in

Attachments

• _IMG_6707.jpg_.jpg
    _IMG_6707.jpg_.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 253
Is anyone looking for an extra crew member? I’ve got lots of offshore experience and would happily chip in for expenses. Please PM me if you are interested. I live on VI and can come meet on fairly short notice.

What a day!!!! Out of Ucuelet? Some guys down in WA hooked into halibut at 600 feet and black cod. Anyone catch hali that deep recently? I can see a lot more offshore trips in my future, and hopefully not a divorce.
We went out of bamfield

What a day!!!! Out of Ucuelet? Some guys down in WA hooked into halibut at 600 feet and black cod. Anyone catch hali that deep recently? I can see a lot more offshore trips in my future, and hopefully not a divorce.
I used to fish most of my commercial halibut between 275 and 300 fathoms..

Jesus where was that? I did a commercial trip south of HG about 20 years ago and didn’t attention to depth.
There was a deep hole off Langara in Dixon Entrance ,Halis stacked up like cord wood, we would get 40,000# in 3 days. It's not easy hauling 3/8 " gear up from that deep ,especially when it blowing 55 knots. I miss it every day

There was a deep hole off Langara in Dixon Entrance ,Halis stacked up like cord wood, we would get 40,000# in 3 days. It's not easy hauling 3/8 " gear up from that deep ,especially when it blowing 55 knots. I miss it every day
That is so cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back