2022 Tuna Adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.
How far is the boat ride to the tuna feeding ground? Fishing four hours or just a long day? I watched tuna offshore fishing..pretty cool.

the best tuna water day i have ever had.. we left at 4:30 a.m. , Slivo was my buddy boat-he fishes with his 76 year old dad whom still kicks his butt. my crew was a local buddy and young gal named Ocean- 18 years old and totally keen on the adventure. got to 17 mile as it was just bright enough to start the run. 27-28kts on the way out!! off in the distance we could see 7 commercial boats on our numbers, its ON!!!! lines where out by 7a.m. and by noon we where plugged. one quad, two triples and singles throughout the morning. cleaned up and trolled back towards the green water and boated a couple more. truly amazing experience. stopped at the bank for a chicken withdraw, back to the dock by 4:30...
tuna is so much more fun when they are not 90 miles away. Grade is nice this year!! 16 lbs was our smallest, biggest was 28. time to hit the cleaning table, all day. barby on and drinks flowing!!

You guys are killing it. So jealous! I’ll be on standby after next weekend (wedding) for a trip anytime in September, either on a great weather day in my boat or any weather you feel comfortable in your boat with twins. I’m going to pick up another big cooler tonight, 165q. What is the minimum if you don’t have totes, I’m thinking 4 of the larger ones? Would love an experience guy to jump in with me as it has been 20+ years since I went for tuna.

I am planning a trip from Winter-harbour this Sunday if the weather line up.
if anybody interested as a body boat , PM me or you could find me at the campground.

I am planning a trip from Winter-harbour this Sunday if the weather line up.
if anybody interested as a body boat , PM me or you could find me at the campground.
How long are you staying up there Isvan? We will be there from the 9th to 15th. Love to buddy up with you!

We are heading out the best two days next week if anyone wants to join in PM me! We will be heading out of Alberni.
cheers, Ron

If a guy was trying to charter a tuna trip, who and where would you guys recommend? This year is probably too late but thinking for next year.

If a guy was trying to charter a tuna trip, who and where would you guys recommend? This year is probably too late but thinking for next year.
That's not a fishery you can easily plan ahead for. Winds and the temperature breaks all need to line up

That's not a fishery you can easily plan ahead for. Winds and the temperature breaks all need to line up

Yup, had a buddy who went to Kyuquot with the intent to fish for tuna and they ended up fishing salmon inshore their entire trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back