2022 Tuna Adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw an Instagram post from Willie Mitchell showing him tuna fishing (and catching). Looks like some 60 -62 degree water about 30 miles SW of Bamfield but that may be a little bit of wishful thinking?
30 miles out is likely wishful thinking..
I coukd be wrong but its been 50 to 70 miles 9.6 times outta 10

Just saw an Instagram post from Willie Mitchell showing him tuna fishing (and catching). Looks like some 60 -62 degree water about 30 miles SW of Bamfield but that may be a little bit of wishful thinking?
Way farther out than 30

Heading to the north island next week 4 - 9 . Will have access to winter harbour / port hardy basically wide open to whatever we want to do . Just saw these shots . Hoping this holds and gets better through next week.

Attachments

• 775D787A-A976-47F1-8F70-0CA93ABE663E.png
    775D787A-A976-47F1-8F70-0CA93ABE663E.png
    500.3 KB · Views: 113
Anyone have a fresh north island terrafin shot ? Looking to head out of winter harbour tomorrow for the short window there is , but my terrafin hasn’t loaded in two days .

Anyone have a fresh north island terrafin shot ? Looking to head out of winter harbour tomorrow for the short window there is , but my terrafin hasn’t loaded in two days .
It might not help but AIS(vesselfinder.com) shows a few fishing vessels not that far off the coast....looks too far to be fishing for salmon

It may be a little early but I’d like to give this fishery a go this year out of Bamfield. I’ll be ready in 3 weeks or so. If anyone would like to buddy boat send me a message. Thanks

It may be a little early but I’d like to give this fishery a go this year out of Bamfield. I’ll be ready in 3 weeks or so. If anyone would like to buddy boat send me a message. Thanks
There’s some reports of guys getting them water looks good Chloro looks good hopefully find someone to go with @fishinforever is planning a trip at some point

I’m in the same boat but looking to hit only in the next couple weeks if I get a favourable forecast. Probably out of bam

Warm water is steadily pushing up from Mexico into SoCal and they're having an exceptional season out of San Diego so I'd imagine it'll keep pushing north. I saw out of Washington someone got a tiny Bluefin the other day

Warm water is steadily pushing up from Mexico into SoCal and they're having an exceptional season out of San Diego so I'd imagine it'll keep pushing north. I saw out of Washington someone got a tiny Bluefin the other day
If tuna why not Marlin or sword fish?

A few marlin have been hooked in Washington, and surely some in BC too. I think most people are running gear that simply has no chance in landing the Marlin when fishing for albies. A couple years ago we had 7 out of 8 lines in the water go off simultaneously. We landed 6 albies but one of the heavy hanlines snapped in very dramatic fashion, I'd like to think that might have been a Marlin feeding on the same bait as the albacore that just exploded the handline.

A few marlin have been hooked in Washington, and surely some in BC too. I think most people are running gear that simply has no chance in landing the Marlin when fishing for albies. A couple years ago we had 7 out of 8 lines in the water go off simultaneously. We landed 6 albies but one of the heavy hanlines snapped in very dramatic fashion, I'd like to think that might have been a Marlin feeding on the same bait as the albacore that just exploded the handline.
Longer leader (wire?) on braided line? I am sure you would be chasing the fish. A challenge though, at the limits of halibut gear I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back