2022 Sidney Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fellow local anglers! Just got home from 4 months up north, did coal/fairfax reopen on sept 1? What about the slot size? Apologies for not checking the regs myself yet, trying to piece my life back together after 4 months on a 22' whaler! And by piece my life back together I actually mean spending 2600 on blackout TR3s.

ps: how has the fishing been this summer? seemed slow all up and down the coast for most places, but we whaled on em at the lodge!

pps: sorry steve, i was 1000 feet up in a float plane when u called and my phone was supposed to be on airplane mode :rolleyes:

ppps: anyone fishing the port sidney derby next weekend?

Hello fellow local anglers! Just got home from 4 months up north, did coal/fairfax reopen on sept 1? What about the slot size? Apologies for not checking the regs myself yet, trying to piece my life back together after 4 months on a 22' whaler! And by piece my life back together I actually mean spending 2600 on blackout TR3s.

ps: how has the fishing been this summer? seemed slow all up and down the coast for most places, but we whaled on em at the lodge!

pps: sorry steve, i was 1000 feet up in a float plane when u called and my phone was supposed to be on airplane mode :rolleyes:
Slot is off! Fairfax is still non retention until Oct 15th :(
Gimme a call when you settle in as I want to hear the details on the building season in HG

Slot is off! Fairfax is still non retention until Oct 15th :(
Gimme a call when you settle in as I want to hear the details on the building season in HG
East of Fairfax is 18-4 is it not. There's a save the whale closure nearby but as I read it, your good within a few hundred meters of shore as long as you stay East of the point.

Little help please?!
Anybody have a spare analog Scotty counter in the sidney/north Saanich area? I’m trying to get out for first light and mine stopped working the other night and I forgot to get one from Scotty…

Little help please?!
Anybody have a spare analog Scotty counter in the sidney/north Saanich area? I’m trying to get out for first light and mine stopped working the other night and I forgot to get one from Scotty…
I've got a spare.

Hey all, I’m gonna make a run to sandheads early Monday morning from Sidney. Weather is looking ideal for the crossing. Planning on leaving around 6am and getting to sand heads at 7am. If any other boats want a buddy boat for the crossing let me know!

Hey all, I’m gonna make a run to sandheads early Monday morning from Sidney. Weather is looking ideal for the crossing. Planning on leaving around 6am and getting to sand heads at 7am. If any other boats want a buddy boat for the crossing let me know!
I'll be there too! Running over from Nanaimo because last Thursday was so damn epic

I am interested, I will let you know tomorrow. Always interested in fishing new places. I would be putting my boat in at Tulista.

What a GLORIOUS morning! Let me tell you about it…
Got up at 0500 after a fun social gathering last night so I was “feeling it”.
Left from château @cpony for 6:00 launch and we took the big black Grady for a rip to hamley in bathtub conditions. Sun was shining, bait was bubbling, birds were chirping, and a nice assortment of classic rock set the mood for some solid action.
We went 3/4 over a few hours with 2 nice keepers, 8 and 15. The pony was kind enough to let me play the big one on his rod and reel, and I must say the Abel makes a sexy, smooth reel!
He even sent me home with a chunk of his soon to be world famous smoked salmon.
Thanks Brian! Had a great time. I assume you were so good to me because I kept shooting the puck right into your glove the other night, making you look good!
The crazy part was on a holiday Monday without a ripple in the water on the first weekend of no slot limit, we did not see another boat on the water today!!! 228AEF77-F567-47FC-AAFB-9723BB64715E.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back