2022 Sidney Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out first thing this morning. Gave Coal an hour or so. Heavy ebb flow made it tough. Lots of bait and more seals than I've seen anywhere. Only got one ling. Headed out to Fairfax, wasn't sure of the regs. , so I'd just fish with the other boats. Nope, no other boats.
Over to the powder wharf. 5# spring before I got the second line in. Released. Lots of bait and arches on the sounder but only one other solid strike. Weed was unbearable. Probably weren't even fishing most of the time.
Nice out there. Surprisingly quiet.

Went out to Coal this morning. On the water for 6, we caught these beauties 18.5lb and 12lb just off Dock isl. Skinny g 41ft on the rigger. The big one is 75cm
Nice score!! What boat are you running?

There are tangles, and there are Stizzla Certified tangles.
This one bugger got both rods. At one point in this mess, a rod went into the water but didn’t come off the clip so I still have 2 rods (at the moment)
I suck butt at fishing.
One under so far.B4917295-3D52-4D9F-B14B-8C4E8D7C3C8A.jpeg

Last edited:
Heading out for first light bite tomorrow. How has it been at the spit? Or should we go to the small open area at Fairfax? Tight lines all.

I hit coal first light this morning. One nice one on right away and but lost it. Most likely an oversized. Whales moved in shortly after and it went dead until I decided it was time to head in at 7:30 and go to work, While pulling the first line in the second rod went off and landed one for the bbq tonight. 67’ on the rigger right on the bottom with cop car flasher and a 4” herring aid silver horde spoon.

Attachments

• 8C638751-FF1C-4059-9B25-54E21EF5A170.jpeg
    8C638751-FF1C-4059-9B25-54E21EF5A170.jpeg
    190.8 KB · Views: 81
I hit coal first light this morning. One nice one on right away and but lost it. Most likely an oversized. Whales moved in shortly after and it went dead until I decided it was time to head in at 7:30 and go to work, While pulling the first line in the second rod went off and landed one for the bbq tonight. 67’ on the rigger right on the bottom with cop car flasher and a 4” herring aid silver horde spoon.
Now that's moorage!!!

Did a quick fish at Coal between 2:00 and 4 pm yesterday. Very fishable (current and weeds were minimal) but alas, no fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back