2022 Port Renfrew Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fished renfrew beach yesterday on buddy's boat. Was kind of crappy ebb tide in morning , and was slow. Few hits here and there but nothing that stuck.

Things started to light up a bit in afternoon just as wind/chop arrived with flood. Lost of good fish at Camper. Came up the surface and sawed off leader. Was a bait show yesterday. Didn't want the hardware.

Fished renfrew beach yesterday on buddy's boat. Was kind of crappy ebb tide in morning , and was slow. Few hits here and there but nothing that stuck.

Things started to light up a bit in afternoon just as wind/chop arrived with flood. Lost of good fish at Camper. Came up the surface and sawed off leader. Was a bait show yesterday. Didn't want the hardware.
Thanks for the report SV. We will be up on Monday for the week.

Most folks fishing Port Renfrew today had a swell time, especially those at the banks. I had new to salmon fishing friends on the boat so we spent the day at the beaches. Lot's of small fish and shakers. We did keep three caught on a Skinny G Herring Aid and white coho killer.

I fished the very wet night bite tonight. My wife came along to escape the kids and do some reading while I fished. No such luck for her…lol. We had two double headers so that cut into her reading time. Some nice fish showing up the last few days. The biggest was 24lbs and all feisty!

Attachments

• 60768261-3C67-46E1-985D-F40FDBDDCD61.jpeg
    60768261-3C67-46E1-985D-F40FDBDDCD61.jpeg
    239.2 KB · Views: 206
I fished the very wet night bite tonight. My wife came along to escape the kids and do some reading while I fished. No such luck for her…lol. We had two double headers so that cut into her reading time. Some nice fish showing up the last few days. The biggest was 24lbs and all feisty!
No fish in renfrew lol.fishing is definitely better when everyone else is drinking beer,there is my report, back home now

Fished Swiftsure yesterday. Better conditions than any other day this week. Fish weren't big, but fairly consistent. Early afternoon I lost two nice keepers to a Stellar. Fool me once. Finished up the day in a steady rain at the beaches where the predominent catch was wild coho.

Heading to Swiftsure early AM tomorrow. If you aren’t in the derby and are heading out be great to have a buddy boat. Island Magic is my boat. Let me know what channel! Thanks
The boy and I are in the derby but thinking of heading out for Halibut in the late morning after making a few passes on the beach. Not sure if we are going to the Ranch or NE corner side of the closure. Rogue One on 68.

Last edited:
We bought a couple of Derby tickets so we put a few hours in up at Walbran. Pretty slow for us and nothing worth weighing in. We headed offshore on a beautiful day and sat on the anchor for a few hours and managed a few chickens. My son took this picture on the roof of the boat. Just don’t tell my wife I let him up there…lol

Attachments

• 3D1C6D0F-A433-4C95-A0EA-D3B4459AB177.jpeg
    3D1C6D0F-A433-4C95-A0EA-D3B4459AB177.jpeg
    322.7 KB · Views: 169
The boy and I are in the derby but thinking of heading out for Halibut in the late morning after making a few passes on the beach. Not sure if we are going to the Ranch or NE corner side of the closure. Rogue One on 68.
Hope it went well and you are in the 35 lb leaders spot! I was in Renfrew at the marina launching when you sent this. Left the dock at nautical twilight :(

We had a lights out day! Limits of springs, coho by 10am and went to the north west (I think) got a couple of ping pong paddles and decided to release a third as they were embarrassing to put on my license then saddled up to the salmon closure line and hammered a 122cm Hali within about a minute of dropping.

Coho were so thick we couldn’t get our lines down. Three to four chasing the dummy flasher at the surface. Tried to grab some go pro footage, we’ll see how good my first attempt is.

Just gave the boat a little spray down after processing the fish, with the help of in-laws. What a day!

Hey guys, I'm up here for the week and getting my butt handed to me everyday. Fog and wind has kept us in the inlet all week. Last chance tomorrow if the wind cooperates. If anyone could point me in the right direction for salmon or Halibut (drifting) not too far out. I have a 16' foot fiberglass with a 90 and I don't want to go out to the bank alone. I was thinking Camper for salmon and how about that deep water right out front? Sand and 300'. Any flatties?

Hey guys, I'm up here for the week and getting my butt handed to me everyday. Fog and wind has kept us in the inlet all week. Last chance tomorrow if the wind cooperates. If anyone could point me in the right direction for salmon or Halibut (drifting) not too far out. I have a 16' foot fiberglass with a 90 and I don't want to go out to the bank alone. I was thinking Camper for salmon and how about that deep water right out front? Sand and 300'. Any flatties?
Not much for Hali close by, off carmanah is the closest decent spots, and still a ways out. Fog is going to be an issues for you, rolls in and out almost every day in august, should be some salmon all along the beach, but it’s been tuff on most days from what I am told. End of July and beginning of aug was hot and cold depending where and when you fished

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back