2022 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
along that shoreline in 300-400ft of water from the green light all the way to the fish farm. Easy calm water to pull and close to where you’ll be fishing around camel rock etc.

For you guys pulling Skinny Gs and Coho Killers, are you putting them behind a 360 flasher or inline flasher? Or just running them solo?
Usually in line and a green flasher has been good this season all over the coast. I've done well with gold/red flashers when the fish are deep inside the sound.

Question on Weather Reports: We are returning to Nootka Sound and beyond excited after several years away, staying at Critter Cove Sunday thru Friday. It looks like we hit the weather window for strong winds and rain next week...
I use BuoyWeather. This is the forecast for next week:
Bajo.PNG

I've found that site to be pretty accurate for ocean conditions off the Washington coast, and I'm pretty sure it was accurate 2 years ago around Nootka when I was last up there.

Heading up tomorrow after work and launching out of cougar creek, will be camping 4 nights on bligh island. Fishing from my 16' aluminum. Look forward to giving my report back after. fished the same time last year and easily limited out. Sounds like things are a bit later this year.

Heading up tomorrow after work and launching out of cougar creek, will be camping 4 nights on bligh island. Fishing from my 16' aluminum. Look forward to giving my report back after. fished the same time last year and easily limited out. Sounds like things are a bit later this year.
where are you staying? charlie’s beach? there’s a few other spots around there if it’s busy because it can get crowded

where are you staying? charlie’s beach? there’s a few other spots around there if it’s busy because it can get crowded
Last year I went to bligh cove (Ewin inlet) there was others at charley's beach. I prefer to keep distance. Do you know any others spots to check out that I can camp on shore at and ancor my boat in water at. I closeline ancor my boat

Hi Nog, is the opening Monday August 1st so the 80 cm rule is off?

I don't start fishing the Highway until it's wide open.

There is nothing worse than telling your guests it's gotta go back because it's to big.

Codfather
Mike the way I see it Aug 1 area 125 is open to over 80cm. D155F1DD-DEC0-48C2-80E4-744D1B618A3D.png5A5D0F34-01ED-4EE7-8D4C-26D995A1189B.pngD155F1DD-DEC0-48C2-80E4-744D1B618A3D.png

There is nothing worse than telling your guests it's gotta go back because it's to big.

Codfather

I believe that is correct Mike.
They usually remove the size restriction when we get unleashed.
See you out there...

Cheers,
Nog

Codfather
Coming next week**********THE RETURN OF THE PINK HATS********

Last year I went to bligh cove (Ewin inlet) there was others at charley's beach. I prefer to keep distance. Do you know any others spots to check out that I can camp on shore at and ancor my boat in water at. I closeline ancor my boat
there’s spots on Vernacci island as well but to be honest i’ve never stayed there. beautiful little spot. ha e a good trip

Reactions: RBL
Thanks Nog and Gord, I miss fishing on the Hwy and with the restriction off I'll be heading out.

There is nowhere else I have had a 40 Springs a day except for the Hwy. (yes I thru most of them back).

My best day ever on the Hwy was when we limited out on Springs and I kept looking out and swore I could see tuna water.

I blasted out only 5 miles farther and the whole Ocean changed. The birds, whale, sharks and other creatures were amazing. I hit the turquoise blue water and it turned to 62 degrees and out the Tuna gear came.

Once I got the gear deployed I could see a large school of jumpers. I drifted in from the side and the mayhem started. We caught 20 Tuna in 45 minutes and stopped because we ran out of room and ice as I was not planning on Tuna fishing that day.

Nog, good luck on Monday. Looks like the weather says I'll be out Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back