2022 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm trying this again. Hope to see you guys on July 15th at the Bamfield Lodge. Fingers crossed my old girl can hold together until then. Thought about selling and finding something smaller but I don't want to risk missing this summer.
Are you boating over, and getting trailered to port Albernie??

Pill pt was productive this morning. 2 about 12 lbs and a slightly smaller one. 90-120 on the kitchen sink and blue holographic spoon. Lots of logs in the canal too.

Last edited:
Spent the weekend camped at Secret Beach over in Toquart Bay. Nice campsite, but you have to be self-sufficient as there is no running water or electricity.

This past weekend, we fished between Swale and Effingham/Austin and did well. Several nice mid-teen very scrappy Springs and did some jigging for Lings / Cabezon and other groundfish. Had the prawn traps working hard and that paid off nicely for us too with some nice big fat pink prawns.

All my years fishing in Barkley Sound and I've never fished the north side of the Broken Group between Toquart Bay and Ukee. Wondered if anyone can share any advice on that side? Going to spend this season fishing out of Toquart and with the price of fuel, trying to avoid running long distances if I can.

Spent the weekend camped at Secret Beach over in Toquart Bay. Nice campsite, but you have to be self-sufficient as there is no running water or electricity.

This past weekend, we fished between Swale and Effingham/Austin and did well. Several nice mid-teen very scrappy Springs and did some jigging for Lings / Cabezon and other groundfish. Had the prawn traps working hard and that paid off nicely for us too with some nice big fat pink prawns.

All my years fishing in Barkley Sound and I've never fished the north side of the Broken Group between Toquart Bay and Ukee. Wondered if anyone can share any advice on that side? Going to spend this season fishing out of Toquart and with the price of fuel, trying to avoid running long distances if I can.
troll the deep water in Sechart channel, theres howard point, swale rock and up to harbour entrance- could all be done in a day of trolling.
i would avoid going/fishing out towards ukee unless that is a destination.

Lyall pt and Richard Rock might be worth checking out from time to time. There nice and close and I've found fish there before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back