2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Fished Cap today 130 to 530pm. 1 hit at 330pm, on x large anchovie, just off bottom. Had a 15 min fight with seal, got lucky. Only bite. Another boat lost one to seal. Only 3 boat out.

We lost 2 to the seals! But the highlight was watching you guys hustle that boat around from hooking that fish at the yellow can to netting it under the bridge. Well played!

We had 3 good tugs, release 2 around 60 cms (stange) and the one keeper was munched by whiskers. My partner today did a hell of a job getting the flasher back and taught me a lot about how to wait him out. Again, well played!

We lost 2 to the seals! But the highlight was watching you guys hustle that boat around from hooking that fish at the yellow can to netting it under the bridge. Well played!

We had 3 good tugs, release 2 around 60 cms (stange) and the one keeper was munched by whiskers. My partner today did a hell of a job getting the flasher back and taught me a lot about how to wait him out. Again, well played!

they were probably just chum anyways lol

they were probably just chum anyways lol

Haha! Definitely nooks, one kindly helped me drop my trusty pliers over so he was rewarded with another 2 minute tow while I went for the backup set.

Oh and one of whiskers pals snatched the herring right off the line...showed him who's boss tho.

Last edited:

Thanks and nice to see fish around, hopefully see you guys out there again.
Good luck next time!

It's good that we are all doing our part to feed the seals, otherwise they would be starving like the Orcas.

Turned out to be 16lbs. Every fish for me seems like 25 for some reason ;)

l3KUUOk.jpg

YFG7gbI.jpg
Still a nice fish

Those seals are so cute like little puppies!

I learned that you gotta just be patient and let him munch the fish on the surface as he needs the water surface to break it apart. Once the fish is mangled enough you can have a chance to get the gear back bit no way if he's diving. Also, wrap the mainline around your sleeve if you have the right jacket on to save the reel from over spooling when it's taking off. Mad skills my partner today has, it was great fishing with someone who knows wtf they're doing haha.

Last edited:
There’s secret cove/pender harbour/ texada reports for the northern portion of Sunshine Coast. Lots of Vancouver fisherman will be around gower pt - byng - Robert’s creek given the new restrictions for a portion of the season..

I learned that you gotta just be patient and let him munch the fish on the surface as he needs the water surface to break it apart. Once the fish is mangled enough you can have a chance to get the gear back bit no way if he's diving. Also, wrap the mainline around your sleeve if you have the right jacket on to save the reel from over spooling when it's taking off. Mad skills my partner today has, it was great fishing with someone who knows wtf they're doing haha.
We had a guide up north, when seal got our nice fish, he brought all gear in. Told us to hang on. He did a circle around the fish. Fast enough to create bubbles. We got our fish. Tried it this year, we got our fish too. Worth a try, if you got room.

Fished Cap today 130 to 530pm. 1 hit at 330pm, on x large anchovie, just off bottom. Had a 15 min fight with seal, got lucky. Only bite. Another boat lost one to seal. Only 3 boat out.
I was the 3rd boat! I did a little engine work and she needed a "test run" fished Point Atkinson 2 rods both with cut plug herring for an hour and a half with no love. Ventured down to the Pink appartment buildings to the green can for a couple hours. Used small herring in teaser head and cut plug on the other side. Fished low and slow, nothing. Put on a white/red hoochie on one side and a 3.5 no bananas on the other. Not a sniff all day but weather was prime and no traffic so a pretty nice afternoon.

Attachments

• 20211006_113614.jpg
    20211006_113614.jpg
    493.5 KB · Views: 54
There’s secret cove/pender harbour/ texada reports for the northern portion of Sunshine Coast. Lots of Vancouver fisherman will be around gower pt - byng - Robert’s creek given the new restrictions for a portion of the season..
We use the Secret Cove thread a lot but sometimes I like to see what's happening down towards Roberts Creek/Camp Bing but it really gets buried in the Vancouver thread.

Back