2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Seems we're not being efficient at Sandheads. Chilliwack hatchery had 700 Coho there as of yesterday. (and that's over 100 miles inland from SH)
So I thought I'd check out the vedder today. Seems that most of you were there too ;-) All the parking lots downstream of Vedder Crossing were full by 6:30AM. Canal was single lane traffic at 10:00.
o_Oo_O

...boy am I glad I live on the island.

Seems we're not being efficient at Sandheads. Chilliwack hatchery had 700 Coho there as of yesterday. (and that's over 100 miles inland from SH)
So I thought I'd check out the vedder today. Seems that most of you were there too ;-) All the parking lots downstream of Vedder Crossing were full by 6:30AM. Canal was single lane traffic at 10:00.
What an absolute nightmare. They're all members of Jim's facebook group.

Notice the double hook. I can't stress the importance of a stinger hook. 4/0 gammy. I fileted them freeze for 90 days. Then you have sashimi take one out for breakfest doesn't have a strong fishy taste. Good for you and you can't over eat fish so good for body building or fitness to have a good breakfest.

XTj7Iui.jpeg

nhTwf3z.jpeg

CdlKt4q.jpeg

jKZb6ZD.jpeg

nwXJIDU.jpeg

Hr8wwFH.jpeg

p4aVAVB.jpeg
Question - So when are barbed hooks allowed??

Question - So when are barbed hooks allowed??
I can't even remember the last time I used a barbed hook and I am surprised that we can still buy them barbed. I always try to pick up the barbless hooks but not everyone carries them for some reason. There is a reason why we say tight lines, I can't see us ever being allowed to use barbed hooks again especially if they will open next April to one hatchery spring. Fingers crossed.

Was a slow day until now. Had a pin popper that was gone then right away hit and landed a 12-13lb white spring. 350’ water. 69 on the rigger using green splatter back hoochie. Looks like we are here for a while yet. Lol.

SH from 7 am to 3, slow go heading out with the pea soup fog
2 chrome doe chum and one hatch hoe, more addition to the smoke fund, released one wild and quite a few veracious grilse
The salad bar at noon fed a lot of boats, couldn't escape unless you were in 300ft plateau, stellar day though
Good bye Sandheads till next year. Time to chase um in fresh

Just forgot one buddy you're allowed to make mistakes
Yes, it sounds like an honest mistake.

Getting caught using a barbed hook may result in a monetary fine.

Getting caught with undersized or illegally caught fish and one may find themselves unable to cross the border or get a job at some companies.

Back