2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

SH today rods in the water by 10:30 by 11 coho hit the white hoochie at 44 feet in 200 feet out from the green bell that one was wild so it was quickly released …trolled over to the south and out from the red bell lots of marks and then bam the rod with the chovy goes off strong fish .. starts a huge run and somehow my jacket sleeve catches the reel nob and I feel the pop .. sure enough the the line is broke right at the anchovy holder … A few more hits but none stuck … ones of those days when you knew that was your chance still nice day calm and sunny

End up with 2 springs 8 and 12 lbs. Whites.
Fishing 40 to 60 on dr. 100 to 250 fow.1 chum, released 1 wild cohoe. 2 sox. North and south of green can. Large and xlarge anchovies. Also had cohoe hit on surface before going down on dr. Lost it at boat. Someone else mentioned it too.

Attachments

• Resized_20210924_144546.jpeg
    Resized_20210924_144546.jpeg
    175.7 KB · Views: 80
End up with 2 springs 8 and 12 lbs. Whites.
Fishing 40 to 60 on dr. 100 to 250 fow.1 chum, released 1 wild cohoe. 2 sox. North and south of green can. Large and xlarge anchovies. Also had cohoe hit on surface before going down on dr. Lost it at boat. Someone else mentioned it too.

Too bad they don’t open sockeye for the end of the run. natives have had openings in the river. Most of the fish have gone through. Even to keep one for dinner would be nice. Not going any further with this. Rye and coke is tasting good. lol.

Was fishing NA today, saw one guy not too far from me almost get t-boned by one of those huge ocean tug boats around 4:30, fish boat had to take evasive action to avoid collision. Huge swell when they got to me even bigger for the other guy. Note that the fish boat had the right of way, the tug did not but he obviously didn't care. Don't even think anyone was at the helm of the tug, most likely on auto-pilot so use extra caution out there since these guys seem to be oblivious to their surroundings.

Released one wild coho, not much else stuck.

Was fishing NA today, saw one guy not too far from me almost get t-boned by one of those huge ocean tug boats around 4:30, fish boat had to take evasive action to avoid collision. Huge swell when they got to me even bigger for the other guy. Note that the fish boat had the right of way, the tug did not but he obviously didn't care. Don't even think anyone was at the helm of the tug, most likely on auto-pilot so use extra caution out there since these guys seem to be oblivious to their surroundings.

if i ever get the cash im buying a tug and putting downriggers on it. your boat is aluminum thats nice mines steel :). and diesel engine for longevity lol

Probable had problems getting his downrigger line out , happens ;)

Fished the QA marker on thurs, 4-6 boats out there. I was using every spoon and flasher in the boat… not a bite.
my bigger complaint is that my fishing partner is lazy. I had to do everything.6A4578FC-EAB5-450F-BAC4-9D407478C1DE.jpeg

Attachments

• C93754CA-6477-404D-B1AB-D72FB47B5B43.jpeg
    C93754CA-6477-404D-B1AB-D72FB47B5B43.jpeg
    282.3 KB · Views: 64
Seems we're not being efficient at Sandheads. Chilliwack hatchery had 700 Coho there as of yesterday. (and that's over 100 miles inland from SH)
So I thought I'd check out the vedder today. Seems that most of you were there too ;-) All the parking lots downstream of Vedder Crossing were full by 6:30AM. Canal was single lane traffic at 10:00.

Attachments

• Vedder.jpg
    Vedder.jpg
    325.7 KB · Views: 155
Back