2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Attachments

• 97516E60-6454-412E-803D-FA409CEA57CD.jpeg
    97516E60-6454-412E-803D-FA409CEA57CD.jpeg
    93 KB · Views: 27
Fished Sandheads from 1-6. Bonked a nice chrome buck 12ish lbs. Lost 2 other decent fish, never saw them but they smelt like chinook . Fed the shakers a dozen+ chovies for good karma. Had some excitement as I was hooked up to the clip with bait ready to drop and something smashed the surface twice. Didn’t make out what it was but it was hungry. Good day out with the wife and 5 month old son. Flat as a pancake and got to soak up the sun. Saw some nets out as I was packing in around 6pm

We were there same time as Marsman was bit bumpy, settled down late afternoon, and we picked up a slab 120-130 cm (cup holder to cup holder is 100 CM on the 120 CM cooler pic) marble mature doe and a 85 cm immature red doe, exact weights unknown, 65 on the rigger , 100-200 yards N of green can in about 150 feet water. Whole 5-6" herring on Pro troll chartreuse glow holders. Was fast trolling for Coho, slowed down and wham, thought we had a seal, wasn't. View attachment 70813View attachment 70814

a 120cm fish has got to be over 40lbs! fish doesnt look like a 40 whats the girth? do (length x girth squared) \ 800.
I put the one we got in a 120 quart cooler like that and the tail wouldn't fit in. Stuck up at bit, measured just over 39" and girth 26". Weighed at 35.6lb's give and take a bit trying to read the scale... lol

Fished Sandheads 11 to 5pm. Kept 1 just legal Spring 8lbs, lost another a good fish. Got his tooth though. Chum? Few other hits. All on small anchovies, 30 to 50 ft on dr. 100 to 200 fow by green can. Great day out, calm and warm.
That looks like the beak from a squid. Hard to imagine it ripping off a live squid. Maybe the fish you had on coughed it up?

Planning on being at SH on Saturday. See if I can find any Chum to bite. Might be a good day to fire up the BBQ on the water.

Then throw in a couple of boats that want to come close to watch..... ;)

It's seal city at the cap right now too. I did a few laps for the hell of it yesterday after fueling up for tomorrow's circus. Saw one net, it was slow in the afternoon but talked with a buddy who picked up 3 yesterday. Each was a sprint to keep the fish away from whiskers.

Back