2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

its hard to say really but the best bait is brined for 2 days. solid. ive caught fish straight off the ice. maybe youve caught fish toughed and salted. we should at least agree brine for 2 days. 24 hours may be good 36 better. but 2 days is hard and good. in anycase set the hook ar the tail end. should be good for a troll.

Ok hope this is the run, started at 12 fished North for an hour pulled the lines, dropped in T10 fished past the can for for 30 min pulled the line nothing dead dead dead, pushed forward headed to SH dropped the lines at 2 in no time flat it was on!!!... double header springs lol which rod first, one is doing the keeled over bent out maxed screaming!! while i pull the other in, re set bang again was nuts, some beautiful reds, all on vid, bait 50-70' i hope this is the switch getting flicked on, other boats around were into springs
View attachment 70104
Good job. I need to go fishing with you . Your always into some fish.
Where was the action at sandheads?

What do you guys do with he leftover wet brined bait? I put them on paper towels to air dry and then put in the fridge in a ziplock. I noticed they go a bit soft after a week or so.

its hard to say really but the best bait is brined for 2 days. solid. ive caught fish straight off the ice. maybe youve caught fish toughed and salted. we should at least agree brine for 2 days. 24 hours may be good 36 better. but 2 days is hard and good. in anycase set the hook ar the tail end. should be good for a troll.
I find fishing west coast van Island the anchovies last longer and do better. Barely brined. In Vancouver by the river the warmer water and sand particles mixed with currents are harder on anchovies. So I use the metal stick up their backs. They last way longer.

I just dump and coat in salt the evening before. When thawing make sure take out of plastic. I put an ice pack in bottom of my bait cooler. If u over salt and leave for awhile they get to dehydrated I find.
I also put a wire on my teaser head to keep a nice curve on bait and always rolling.

I just dump and coat in salt the evening before. When thawing make sure take out of plastic. I put an ice pack in bottom of my bait cooler. If u over salt and leave for awhile they get to dehydrated I find.
I also put a wire on my teaser head to keep a nice curve on bait and always rolling.
Start a new thread would be a good one

Thinking about heading out solo. Anyone got a wind report? More of a comfort than safety thing

We are at T10 right now. It’s doable I think.8-10 kts. Not too bad. Fishing slow so far. Had one clip pop. Never got it. SH is showing 10 kts now.

Back