2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

I have yet to find where it says it includes catch and release in 28 or 29. Very specific to no fishing for Chinook! Huge difference between the two! Let's not confuse this more than it is. Yes you can fish and if you happen to catch a Chinook then it's release. I'm going fishing for anything except Chinook

I have yet to find where it says it includes catch and release in 28 or 29. Very specific to no fishing for Chinook! Huge difference between the two! Let's not confuse this more than it is. Yes you can fish and if you happen to catch a Chinook then it's release. I'm going fishing for anything except Chinook
So why wouldn't it just say non-retention like it always does?

Took the day off tomorrow winds a forecast to be light .. going to launch at Ladner ,drop crab pots at sand heads then head over to the galiano island, thinking of taking the prawn traps but not sure if it’s worth it ... is the Georgia straight side of galiano good for prawns ... anyone information is helpful

So why wouldn't it just say non-retention like it always does?
Because the MCC is pushing bogus Fisheries Related Incident Mortality studies to DFO and First Nations saying that catch-and-release kills too many chinook!

If you want to fish this year you've got to call the fisheries minister and speak out in favour of the SFAB Chinook proposals and against the MCC BS!

Trolling east over the point comes up to about 95 ft then goes into deeper water on the east side of the point and that's where I was getting them. In about 200 ft deep. I just kept circling around and doing that same pass. Unfortunately nothing to take home though
I know that spot haha! Chaster Creek is good too from time to time...

Was out at Bell Buoy today. Got nothing for hours though saw lots of fish onscreen. Tried everything, even a double skirt glow hoochie!! Late afternoon comes, and I get two small ones, followed by a 69 cm keeper. All three hits on a 3" spoon with double sided glow chartreuse flasher, at 85 feet in about 150 feet of water. Felt great to land it. Kept looking around for Whiskers and tried to land it fast.20210330_190517.jpg

Fisheries Notices FN0345 (Mar 29) & FN0349(Mar 30)
"
Strait of Georgia - North - Areas 13 to 17, Area 28, and Subareas 29-1 and 29-2 (excluding those portions listed as closed below):

00:01 hours April 1, 2021 until further notice, Chinook non-retention;

Strait of Georgia - South and Juan de Fuca - Area 18, Subareas 19-3 to 19-12, 20-3 to 20-7, and Subareas 29-3 to 29-5 and 29-8 (excluding those portions listed as closed below):

00:01 hours April 1, 2021 until further notice, Chinook non-retention.

Portions of Southern Strait of Georgia, Howe Sound and Burrard Inlet – Subareas 28-7 to 28-9; Subarea 28-1, and that portion of Subarea 28-2 that lies southerly of a line drawn due East from Halkett Point on Gambier Island (49 26.735’N, 123 19.302’W) to a point (49 26.550’N, 123 14.317’W) on the mainland corresponding with the Southeast point of the Lions Bay RCA; and those portions of 29-3 to 29-5 that lie East of a line from Gower Point (49 23.021’N, 123 32.166’ W) near Gibsons to Shah Point on the Southern tip of Valdes Island (49 01.695’N, 123 35.721’W):

April 1, 2021 until further notice: No fishing for Chinook; "

Last edited:
Going for last day. What a day. From what o read prawns are open except 28-3. Yes/no?

Back