2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Thought last year was " no fishing for chincook salmon " ?

Pink year too
They actually have both if you read through the regs. I don't recall where it said it but they mention the opportunity for some form of retention after the no Chinook one.

i’ll be on the same program i was last season , catch and release all summer....
I think a lot of guys will but it should be noted that it's technically not allowed. I'd love for someone to video an interaction with DFO stating different.

They actually have both if you read through the regs. I don't recall where it said it but they mention the opportunity for some form of retention after the no Chinook one.

I think a lot of guys will but it should be noted that it's technically not allowed. I'd love for someone to video an interaction with DFO stating different.

I forgot the fine details, but there was retention on coho last year. Or am I not remembering this right

Or was that after July 15th when they opened up the line from salmon rock to portier pass?

They are actually the best fish IMO for making fish stock. You can catch tonnes of them while trolling at the hump in mid April with skinny g's at about 125'
It has come down to this. Trolling for pollack while there are marked salmon to be caught. Doesn’t get any better than this. Thank you Honourable Minister Jordon. BTW. What type of Skinny G is best for trolling pollack out at the Hump?

Back