2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

What's it like out there? Have some pretty green buddies that want to head out for a beer.
T-10 / NA it was very choppy. Really bad. We packed and came to Cap mouth. Pretty slow here. No action. Everyone is working the mouth. Have yet to see a net

Just hit a pink on a dipsy diver with a no bananas spoon. My rigger isn't working. Had a big tangle yesterday and the power seems shot. Anyone got any ideas?

Just hit a pink on a dipsy diver with a no bananas spoon. My rigger isn't working. Had a big tangle yesterday and the power seems shot. Anyone got any ideas?
Sounds like a breaker issue to me. Talk to Dave at Highwater. He won’t be able to fix it for you on the weekend but shares a lot of DIY tips.

Out 8 - 4 today. Started at the Bell, had a really good strike right off the bat but didn’t stick. Few passes and moved to NA. Nada. Moved to T-10. Lots of pinks jumping, hooked a few, lost a nice coho at the boat. Wind picked up big time, hard to troll so moved to West Van out by the point. One 52 cm. spring released. That’s it for eight grinding hours.

Out today 9 - 12 SH not a single sniff. Saw couple nets but looks like it was pinks. Saw on Instagram some people mentioned that they saw orcas today again. This is not surprise why everything was dead.
Tried to get some herring for bait however it was hard to reach required depth due to winds and currents :(
BTW do you guys know is it only chinook affected by orcas or pinks scared as well?

Out today 9 - 12 SH not a single sniff. Saw couple nets but looks like it was pinks. Saw on Instagram some people mentioned that they saw orcas today again. This is not surprise why everything was dead.
Tried to get some herring for bait however it was hard to reach required depth due to winds and currents :(
BTW do you guys know is it only chinook affected by orcas or pinks scared as well?
No pinks fight back. Orcas scared. Strength in numbers.

Sorry. Lol. Ya I am sure they would but don't see the same effect as there's millions more of them.

Remember orcas only eat Chinook. Hahahaha.

Back