2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

A3D7FFCA-8A45-422A-A773-85009CD77F8F.jpeg
Battled with the other 300 boats today at sandheads for most of the day. Lots of pinks and a nice 15lb spring in tight at sandheads and then things died off midday. Moved to T10 for high slack and found a pig at 44ft in 100ft of water. Big fish but a terrible fight.. like it had been caught earlier that day or something. Let this one swim away after a brief boatside revival. All in all great day out there and nice to see you many others enjoying some time on the water. All fish on chovies for us. 40-70ft.

Fished SH 7am-5pm. Nothing but pinks.
Might of seen 1 spring landed. Fished 90 to 400 ft. 35 to 110 on DR. Anchovies most of the day. Went to hootchies til end. Friends are making fish cakes. Lol. Be back Friday. Still a fun day?

View attachment 69949
Battled with the other 300 boats today at sandheads for most of the day. Lots of pinks and a nice 15lb spring in tight at sandheads and then things died off midday. Moved to T10 for high slack and found a pig at 44ft in 100ft of water. Big fish but a terrible fight.. like it had been caught earlier that day or something. Let this one swim away after a brief boatside revival. All in all great day out there and nice to see you many others enjoying some time on the water. All fish on chovies for us. 40-70ft.
Boom! Beauty fish, nice release.

1:30pm - 5pm at North Arm - 5lb Hatch Coho (Green Hootchie, 46' on rigger), 13.5lb Chinook (anchovy, 87') & 8 lb Chinook (64cm) with a nasty gash (anchovy, 67') all in 80 - 100 ft of water. Great afternoon!
Hey the Commander party! That was funny. I think there were 4 of us at one point all side by side. Good to see you out there!

Would appreciate a real time wind/chop report if anyone’s out… Heading to sand heads later this am then planning to cross the strait to the islands… shows a decent NW 15 this morning but fading thru the day…

Would appreciate a real time wind/chop report if anyone’s out… Heading to sand heads later this am then planning to cross the strait to the islands… shows a decent NW 15 this morning but fading thru the day…
It’s very lumpy at North Arm. Winds is only 8 or 10 knots though. Supposed to die down at noon

Fished T10 and North Arm.. was a grind trying to find the fish, it was a stay a pay, released some big golden oldies and kept one decent one with
two beautiful thick coho's,, size was competing with the spring 50-90' .. bouncing through water column in different area's XL bait , very few pinks hit, these fish swolled the bait, a wack of coho moved in like a storm then shut off, cruisers, i'll be out for round two afternoon evening bite.
IMG_3337.JPG

Fished T10 and North Arm.. was a grind trying to find the fish, it was a stay a pay, released some big golden oldies and kept one decent one with
two beautiful thick coho's,, size was competing with the spring 50-90' .. bouncing through water column in different area's XL bait , very few pinks hit, these fish swolled the bait, a wack of coho moved in like a storm then shut off, cruisers, i'll be out for round two afternoon evening bite.

Nice Reeltime, ya usually this time of the year t10 and north arm are really producing funny everyone hangs around the S Arm, I do like that t10 action. Nice Dude !

View attachment 69958

I hope you have filmed it, and share it on your youtube :)

Well 3 hrs in I have a 9lb red (80 rigger, chovy) and a pinky, missed a good hit too. Winds died down nice, beauty day. Going for spring 2 then heading over to the island for a quiet little weekend. Might be some blondie spring pics coming…. Stay posted..
Edit: away from the damn pack, tsawassen direction, 200’ water

Back