2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

3 nooks in the boat at sandheads. Been out since slack. Out deep and deeper on the rigger (90-120). Checked by DFO one pal had failed to market he last Chinook caught (about ten mins prior). $100 fine and photos of all members aboard. Won't complain too much, should have been marked but seems like there are bigger fish to fry

3 nooks in the boat at sandheads. Been out since slack. Out deep and deeper on the rigger (90-120). Checked by DFO one pal had failed to market he last Chinook caught (about ten mins prior). $100 fine and photos of all members aboard. Won't complain too much, should have been marked but seems like there are bigger fish to fry
What size are the 3 you guys kept?

If everyone else aboard did nothing wrong, why are you being treated like a thug with the mugshots? Seems like some sort of infringement on rights or civil liberties.

Fished 7am to 2pm at SH. Only got 2 pinks and lost a 8# spring by the side of the boat. Did not see anybody with any sizeable fish.

@Rain City no wonder your luck has gone for a dump, you drink COORS! that explains everything buddy... gotta switch up to MGD Bottles or atleast some 12 or 15yr scotch.. lol :p
Luck got even better today. Knocked a fish off with the net after a long day with no real Chinook action. But redemption! 16lber on a large herring at North Arm 80 feet of water, 48 on the rigger.

Not far from the bell today. Release a pink and then kept 2 for the smoker incase that was the only fish in the boat for the day. Then hooked up this 14 pounder at 70’ on the rigger. Had to out think a seal ahead of us to land it. Then 5 minutes later the rod at 30’ went off. Got it to the boat and it was bigger (of course), a missed net and then a dash to the kicker prop for a snapped line. Oh the heart ache!

Attachments

• IMG_2500.jpg
    IMG_2500.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 179
What did your 16 lbs tape out at?
Update. Called it a day at 530 and after I popped the clip and went to clean other things the rod started going off. Another 11 lber on a herring with lemon lime flasher. BTW the first was with a silver betsy.

Also an edit and apology... that fish ended up weighing 12 lbs not 16. Maybe it was the rough day but I way overshot it. Taped out at 29x17.5. The 11 was 29x16. And yes, I know. This from ME is ESPECIALLY bad. Please forgive me lol.

Update. Called it a day at 530 and after I popped the clip and went to clean other things the rod started going off. Another 11 lber on a herring with lemon lime flasher. BTW the first was with a silver betsy.

Also an edit and apology... that fish ended up weighing 12 lbs not 16. Maybe it was the rough day but I way overshot it. Taped out at 29x17.5. The 11 was 29x16. And yes, I know. This from ME is ESPECIALLY bad. Please forgive me lol.
Congrats. You had the most successful day of everyone I know who went out today. I only hooked two undersized chinooks and a pink. Brutally frustrating for opening day.

Did you get all yours at Bell Buoy?

Congrats. You had the most successful day of everyone I know who went out today. I only hooked two undersized chinooks and a pink. Brutally frustrating for opening day.

Did you get all yours at Bell Buoy?
Between North Arm and T10 in tight. I hate fishing there but desperate times called for combat fishing

Back