2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

East of Cowen was slow compared to last week, went 1 for 7 with 3 drive bys. Humpy slayer had less hits than the kokanee special, 6 inch dodger 24 inch leader and pink wiggle hoochy. Fished 10-2 the cool air was nice for a change, but I packed it in after 3 tiny chinook committed suicide on no bananas spoon , white hoochy, and kokanee special. Still way better than working.

Hey Guys,

I’m reaching out as I have not fished local water this year but want to possibly take a family out tomorrow to spread their dad’s ashes and take them fishing for pinks. In 2018 I helped teach there Dad how to fish sockeye off tue Fraser. He passed away way too young. Can some one point me in the right direction where to fish. PM me if you want.

Thanks, Rob

Hey Guys,

I’m reaching out as I have not fished local water this year but want to possibly take a family out tomorrow to spread their dad’s ashes and take them fishing for pinks. In 2018 I helped teach there Dad how to fish sockeye off tue Fraser. He passed away way too young. Can some one point me in the right direction where to fish. PM me if you want.

Thanks, Rob
Been good fishing off south Bowen for pinks lately . Not too sure how it has been past week though with the bit of rain. Might want to try Vancouver shore line for some chinook or coho. I’ll be out there tomorrow just not sure where yet .

Pic from yesterday nice red, hit some overs also..
View attachment 69493

From this Morning a nice westcoast feeling wet day ... bang on chubby slot size scrappy fish lots of surfacing, fish are all over the map mark them and send it... all west van
View attachment 69496

This coho from today was so bright and blue with a deep red meat..
View attachment 69497
never thought ide see a green hotchie. but you did it. Im missing out. Fantastic.

Hey Guys,

Thanks, Rob
You want to fish cowan pt. if possible but I would go to vancouver harbour and fish cap mouth. this is the time to be hitting the cohos off pink apartments. You want to try all tides. Try van pink apts in the morning if nothing go to cowan for the other tide change. south bowen island. Even off pt atkinson you can hook up. Get out there try bell bouy even. You just never know. Ive had some massive springs off the west wise of bowen close to the rocks. they cover a lot of ground so if you cover ground youre doing the right maneuvers. Coho 7km/hgr. Thats the key to getting them.

Im heading out for the mid day tide around 1030 out of mcm and will be rubbing the shore along west van towards lighthouse...@raincity is heading out for the morning shift so I plan on catching everything he long line releases haha
Bring your large landing net with you. I’ve heard that he sometimes releases some finned 18lbs lead balls for conservation purposes.

Im heading out for the mid day tide around 1030 out of mcm and will be rubbing the shore along west van towards lighthouse...@raincity is heading out for the morning shift so I plan on catching everything he long line releases haha
Lots of marks out here but no takers for me. Saw one boat with a net out

Back