2021 Prince Rupert Fishing Report

i remember the days the biggest challenge was getting across Chatham sound around all the gill nets, hard to believe thats all gone now

After canceling 2x I am finally going to Rupert in a week of so, launching out of Edward in my 18 foot boat.
Here is one for you guys…. I’d like to catch some herring for bait, never done it before. Any decent spots close by that a guy could try jigging up a few herring in the mornings?

After canceling 2x I am finally going to Rupert in a week of so, launching out of Edward in my 18 foot boat.
Here is one for you guys…. I’d like to catch some herring for bait, never done it before. Any decent spots close by that a guy could try jigging up a few herring in the mornings?
Launching out of Edward I’m assuming you fishing Edye pass or humpback. I believe it’s hunt point in between lots of kelp beds and herring around to jig up. If your heading Avery way just watch fir bait balls on the west side of the lighthouse and just off of Reil point in that little bay

Ok I’ll keep an eye out in those areas. Hopefully it’s easier to get a few than I am imagining it to be.

It looks like a left turn in Terrace might be in order for early July.
I was looking forward to Port Ed with my new (to me) boat, but...

Looks like Area 6 is still good.
Went up.
Turned left.
Burned gas.
Fished Sue mostly (2 days) and Fishtrap for a few hours.
Hit some juvenile chinook (3#ish) but that was all.
Only thing made me feel a bit better (other than a few days of beautiful weather), was
that nobody was catching unless they cleared Douglas Channel and fished the outside.

No gas at Hartley Bay.

Went up.
Turned left.
Burned gas.
Fished Sue mostly (2 days) and Fishtrap for a few hours.
Hit some juvenile chinook (3#ish) but that was all.
Only thing made me feel a bit better (other than a few days of beautiful weather), was
that nobody was catching unless they cleared Douglas Channel and fished the outside.

No gas at Hartley Bay.
Should have fished right across from mk chinooks heading up the river steady river personally don’t overly love the Douglas other then the scenery

Should have fished right across from mk chinooks heading up the river steady river personally don’t overly love the Douglas other then the scenery
Probably should have fished the harbour. Didn't see other boats there and the few fishing reports said Sue or Fishtrap (even that was mentioned as sporadic at best).

Its time to head back to PEd as the destination of choice. Douglas is losing its allure.

How are the reports on the coho been the last few days ?
There around Boston islands, Dundas all the usual spots some days they there some days they move chinooks open back to one a day Monday so hopefully back to catching them as by catch while Chinook fishing lol

There around Boston islands, Dundas all the usual spots some days they there some days they move chinooks open back to one a day Monday so hopefully back to catching them as by catch while Chinook fishing lol
Thanks for the info, I start fishing Monday for 2 weeks so hopefully find a few while looking for Chinooks !!

Thanks for the info, I start fishing Monday for 2 weeks so hopefully find a few while looking for Chinooks !!
Ya I definitely wouldn’t panic about getting your fish if your around for 2 weeks to be honest I wouldn’t panic if you were only here for 2 days I’m out fishing all weekend send me a message on your way up Sunday and I’ll give ya a detailed report of what’s going on

Head out rupert sat for fishn Monday out of victory cove,good luck maybe will see some of u guys up that way ,

Will be up on the 15th to the 23. Looking forward to exploring the area! 24' Sea West "Island Girl". If around, stop by!

Good luck all

Cheers

SS

Good morning. Talked to you last night at the dock. You mentioned you are trying Dundas for Coho. Please let me know if any show up. I’ll let you know where we end up and if there any around . In a 3025 KingFisher “Hard Ten”. Is we end up same spot.

So sorry I didn't see this until just now....Was not trying to give the cold shoulder at all...

Back