2021 Port Alberni and Alberni Inlet Reports

Another weekend at China Creek, found it was a little slower then last weekend for us. Went 6/8 Saturday and 7/8 today only fished till 10 both days. Lots of people getting their limits but not us this weekend. Today seemed like a lot of small ones, we threw back about a half dozen tiny ones. Still finding the size on some of these sockeye larger then other years. Probably one more kick at the can next weekend.

I'm going to be going on a fishing trip to bamfield in early August. When I'm finished my trip, my dad's doing his annual trip on the same boat. Leaving out of Port Alberni Two days later. Does anybody know a decent spot to store a 22 foot boat? Either in the water or on land.

I'm going to be going on a fishing trip to bamfield in early August. When I'm finished my trip, my dad's doing his annual trip on the same boat. Leaving out of Port Alberni Two days later. Does anybody know a decent spot to store a 22 foot boat? Either in the water or on land.
Port boat house has secure storage

contact breakers in port too, or boost- he is 20 mins out of town but has huge storage.

Fished Wednesday-Saturday out of China creek, had to work a bit harder to get them to bite this week. They seemed to be deeper, 75-90’.
All gear was working when we did find them. Windy days in the AM blew some off the water before the usual 10am blow. Managed 4 person limits and endless fun!

Could maybe get moorage in China Creek

I would like to know where the numbers the Kyuquot band numbers are for harvesting sockeye? A couple weeks ago there was a gillnet from Steveston that said he was fishing for that band in San Mateo bay. Too much fishing with no accountability.

How the fishing will be will depend on where the seine boat that the FN hired sets in the inlet...how many schools of fish are scooped up in a single set? It is really important for fish to get up the river when it rains or it will significantly impact the future for this stock. Really... there is only 75k fish in the river, should any seining be happening now? not in my opinion.

I’ll be there in the am Tuesday. Try our hand for sockeye before heading to Bamfield for 3 nights. Campion 542 with a black stripe. Looks like might be a bit windy out there, but, that’s all part of it. Good luck to all.

I hope fish will be there and we are still allowed to catch when we get there on Thursday. Time goes very slowly.

This week-end went on my 16ft fiberglass from Vancouver to p.Alberni for 2 nights with my friend.
Got:
1) nize Sockeyes - around ChinaCreek, small pink skinny hoochies, 22inch leader, green glovy flasher 70-100 ft deep, dummy flashers, 3 km/h speed;
2) Chinooks at Banfield - 6ft leader with anchovies, green/red flasher 120ft deep, boat at 200-250ft trolling 4-5 km/h speed;
3) Rockfishes af Banfield;

Last edited:
Back