2021 Okanagan Lake Thread

We're still figuring thing out as this is totally new to us, we have a regular Scott snap and clip, one on the back of the planer board the other snapped to the down rigger line about 3' up from the board

Nice couple hours at Rattlesnake/Squally Pt yesterday morning. A few small kokes on the surface and one big ole pike minnow, no rainbows although we ran the downriggers 40-100' with a variety of lures and marked fish on the sonar.

Attachments

• 20210606_104529.jpg
    20210606_104529.jpg
    428 KB · Views: 55
Nice couple hours at Rattlesnake/Squally Pt yesterday morning. A few small kokes on the surface and one big ole pike minnow, no rainbows although we ran the downriggers 40-100' with a variety of lures and marked fish on the sonar.

Nice Wally sorry to hear you didn’t hook into anything decent, I almost made it out yesterday till somehow I was getting water in my bilge area ‍:( pulled the boat back home

It always slows down this time of year as a lot of the fish are spawning. Should pick up in the next couple weeks as they head back to the lake and start putting on the pounds again.

It always slows down this time of year as a lot of the fish are spawning. Should pick up in the next couple weeks as they head back to the lake and start putting on the pounds again.
How are you guys making out lately?
Just moved to Peachland from the coast. Sold my boat and glad I kept some of my salt gear for when I retool on a new boat in the next couple of years.
stoked about trying out this fishery for sure.

How are you guys making out lately?
Just moved to Peachland from the coast. Sold my boat and glad I kept some of my salt gear for when I retool on a new boat in the next couple of years.
stoked about trying out this fishery for sure.
If you want to get out one day send me a pm

Anyone out lately? Cooling down a bit. Water was 62 here in Vernon on Sunday. Blew up a bit so only tried for 1.5 hours. No bites. Heading back out this weekend for a try. Drag some spoons down around Ellison park.

Looks like tomorrow might be decent. Was planning to hit Okanagan for a while, Naramata- Summerland area.

Looks like tomorrow might be decent. Was planning to hit Okanagan for a while, Naramata- Summerland area.

water dropped about 2 degrees from last week. Saturday got into some fish, one down deep (65) on a cop car coho killer and the rest up on surface with small fishinator plugs. 7 hits, 5 to the boat, nothing big but still fun to shake off the Okanagan skunk smell in my boat.

I fished Monday, weather was stunning. Water temp 56 now. Launched at the provincial park north of Summerland just to check it out as I've always stayed away due to swarming tourists. 5 minute run to Squally (pictured), marked bait right away but no hookups. Ran a variety of plugs and bucktails to no avail. Still nice to be out after a month off the water due to other parts of my life getting in the way. Boat ran perfectly and should get a few more outings before ski season starts. If the water level drops any further I won't be able to launch or retrieve my rig at that ramp.

20211011_094928.jpg

I fished Monday, weather was stunning. Water temp 56 now. Launched at the provincial park north of Summerland just to check it out as I've always stayed away due to swarming tourists. 5 minute run to Squally (pictured), marked bait right away but no hookups. Ran a variety of plugs and bucktails to no avail. Still nice to be out after a month off the water due to other parts of my life getting in the way. Boat ran perfectly and should get a few more outings before ski season starts. If the water level drops any further I won't be able to launch or retrieve my rig at that ramp.

View attachment 71450
Usually out fish plugs 5-1 with apex's on Skaha. We always drag a plug as I own too many and they are supposed to work but the thin plastic always seems to be the ticket. Surface trolling or in the top 10ft at 3-3.5mph

View attachment 71450

kokanee spawning on ramp in Vernon. If the lake gets lower I worry those redds will be destroyed. I’ve got a couple weeks left before boat goes away as well…snow already hitting the hill!

Back