2021 Okanagan Lake Thread

do you guys run flashers? I’ve only been trying without...no success in a couple outings this spring. Spoons, plugs, buck tails.
No flashers for me, usually just little 1oz weights for running on top or using the riggers. But I have caught fish with flashers and hoochies a fair amount

Okanagan has been fishing great lately. Sunday we landed 5 for 8. We went out on Tuesday for a few hours after work and went 4 for 7 with a couple bites. Lost a double digit fish. Stripped 140ft of line on the initial run. Buddy was out yesterday and landed 3 in the 9-11lb range. Plugs and Bucktails up top.

Okanagan has been fishing great lately. Sunday we landed 5 for 8. We went out on Tuesday for a few hours after work and went 4 for 7 with a couple bites. Lost a double digit fish. Stripped 140ft of line on the initial run. Buddy was out yesterday and landed 3 in the 9-11lb range. Plugs and Bucktails up top.
Where on the lake is the most productive. Vernon side? Penticton side? I'm just browsing freshwater forums because when the restrictions end I would like to switch it up from the salt. I have family in Vernon.

Where on the lake is the most productive. Vernon side? Penticton side? I'm just browsing freshwater forums because when the restrictions end I would like to switch it up from the salt. I have family in Vernon.
penticton side imo, squally pt, antler beach, peachland, gellatley, bertram creek park etc all produce well

penticton side imo, squally pt, antler beach, peachland, gellatley, bertram creek park etc all produce well
There’s fish all over the lake. I’ve fished a bunch from the vernon end and have done well. Finding the fish is the most important part. It’s a hard lake to learn as it’s always changing.

Went out solo Tuesday after work. Lost track of how many fish I caught. It was crazy. I had 3 double headers. Nothing landed over 20”. Had one bust off my trailer hook on my bucktail as I was dealing with the first double. Let it run and it peeled out 120ft like nothing. Ended up having to limp the boat home as it was overheating. Peeled it apart yesterday and found a piece of wood stuck in the thermostat. Flying ants are starting to hit the water. Fishing should be great for the next little while.

heys guys, fishing has definately improved for us as we have had multiples the last 4 outings. Lots of them right on the surface so we have decided to try some planer boards to get some spread. Any idea where in the south Okanagan we can find some.

heys guys, fishing has definately improved for us as we have had multiples the last 4 outings. Lots of them right on the surface so we have decided to try some planer boards to get some spread. Any idea where in the south Okanagan we can find some.
Can always make some?

Attachments

• planer boards.gif
    planer boards.gif
    62.8 KB · Views: 48
How far back is your presentation from the planer board? Also this may be a dumb question but how is turning around with running these?
About 100', turning is no problem. Had one good take this morning but didn't hook up

You cant make sudden sharp turns.

just make sure you get a bunch of release clips so you don’t have to bring it in all the time.
No problem pulling it in as its on the down rigger, but I'm curious how you use more than one clip, do put them on the line so they slide to the planet board

Back