2021 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Fished Kitty Coleman this a.m. 3 small Chinook - 11, 10, and 8 lbs. All deep 210-230 on the downrigger. Fished mostly by the northerly hump.
Plug and Hootchie. Did not see many nets or much action; however the boats are quite spread out so v.easy to miss something.

Fished the kitty hump for the afternoon tide. Shakers, unders, dogfish with shakers, one keeper. Dam dog fish took my skinny g to! O well one for the bbq.

Fished the kitty hump for the afternoon tide. Shakers, unders, dogfish with shakers, one keeper. Dam dog fish took my skinny g to! O well one for the bbq.
Our experience today was similar. 6 or 7 undersized. One rock fish. Two large yelloweyed that we had to release. Two dogs. And one keeper 11lber. Was beautiful out though! 1D9F7887-C737-4D78-B8ED-B8C2D6701667.jpeg

Picked up a 78cm spring at lazo around 7:30 just before pulling the lines to come in for the evening. 90 ft in 120 ft of water. Humpbacks were out around Rebecca Rock/ Kiddie Point today in Powell River. Beautiful day all around for fishing!

Got out to Kitty Coleman hump on Monday afternoon. Slow going to start but it picked up around 4 PM. Managed to get a just over legal size followed by a 13lb and then a nice 17lb fat boy. Wind was slowly picking up around 6 PM. Fished deep using an assortment of plugs. Lots of boats out there.

Back out to Kitty hump Thursday. No bait around and no keepers. Humpbacks were hanging around the east side of the hump playing on the surface. Turned into a beauty day on the water.

Has anyone tried going for salmon around Grants Reef (15-2??) or Mittlenatch / Sentry Shoal? Wondering if it is worth trying out that way. Heading out this afternoon. Sounds like the Kitty Hump is quiet right now, but will be launching at Kitty....

Or wondering if I should launch at Point Holmes and fish in that area today...

We fished Kitty Coleman from 8am to 3pm yesterday, lots of boats, one keeper for us and a few undersized, beautiful day, flattened off and hot.

Attachments

• EBCEFC58-D582-46FA-BD3D-DF1A75F40421.jpeg
    EBCEFC58-D582-46FA-BD3D-DF1A75F40421.jpeg
    242.5 KB · Views: 71
Was invited to come down and fish south Hornsby today. time for tide sucked but weather was good. Ended up with 3 keepers and the largest Halli I ever caught on this side of the rock!

Attachments

• E548C332-5E34-4D60-B3C3-37AD255DF230.jpeg
    E548C332-5E34-4D60-B3C3-37AD255DF230.jpeg
    335.5 KB · Views: 110
Was invited to come down and fish south Hornsby today. time for tide sucked but weather was good. Ended up with 3 keepers and the largest Halli I ever caught on this side of the rock!
That is a super cool catch! On salmon gear or jigging?

Back