2021 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Happy New Year everyone! Just wondering if anyone can tell me if chinook is open in area 14? On DFO website it just has info to Dec.31.

Happy New Year

I was out dragging a couple skinny g‘s on the hump Sunday. Nothing But unders and no bait showing. Should have hit shelter point! That’s where the action was.

Thought i would keep the report momentum going. Fished south of Hornby/Denman Island last Friday as per the usual these days. Picked up one keeper and lost one over the afternoon. Not much action outside those two. Prawning was pretty good which was a bonus. Was out on the boat Saturday but dint drop the lines as it was looking like a debris field out there. Logs and wood for ages.

I was out dragging a couple skinny g‘s on the hump Sunday. Nothing But unders and no bait showing. Should have hit shelter point! That’s where the action was.
Heading up there in a couple of days. How far off or contours do you fish Shelter Point... Thanks

Any sign of spawning herring? I would like jig a bunch for bait, some for my Danish friend to pickle, and to get out on the water to watch the wildlife show.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Saw about 10 sport fishing boats fishing on Ajax reef on Saturday. Is there a opening Im not aware of? Newbies perhaps?

Last edited:
Anyone seeing any hearing spawn around comox and south. I don’t even see the commercial fleet on the hook.

Anyone seeing any hearing spawn around comox and south. I don’t even see the commercial fleet on the hook.
I was out briefly last week just south of denman/hornby. Waters were a bit too sketchy to fish solo but I did give a try. Did not see any commercial boats or much bait but in all fairness wasn't out long before i bailed to do some prawning. That being said, took the kids further north to miracle beach area and they were there for sure as the birds, seals and whales were around.

currently around the comox area there are 2 or 3 big boys out circling the bay/straight but haven't seen any actual nets in the water yet. More arriving daily. Sea lions are here in force in all their noisy glory. No big schools yet, but there is the odd ball showing on the sounder, and the odd surface melee of birds/lions but again not the main mass yet.

Back