2021 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Fished between the two can bouys tonight off Lazo didn’t see any bait on the sounder and didn’t see anyone reeling in anything. Anyone been catching anything around Lazo?

Fished the kitty hump south end this evening. Picked up 2 springs for our effort. Only half a dozen boats around. Green can must of have had 100 boats there this morning. Only pinks for us at the green can. Pulled the pin…got lunch..back out to kitty and got our fish.

Attachments

• 79D0E1BF-B74C-422A-B64B-C0141B258979.jpeg
    79D0E1BF-B74C-422A-B64B-C0141B258979.jpeg
    348.5 KB · Views: 99
Fished the kitty hump south end this evening. Picked up 2 springs for our effort. Only half a dozen boats around. Green can must of have had 100 boats there this morning. Only pinks for us at the green can. Pulled the pin…got lunch..back out to kitty and got our fish.
Man the fish are in such nice shape right now.

Lots of bait at the hump, there was a pod of killer whales there yesterday at 9:30am and then they left. Drop your gear to 210 to 230 and you will be rewarded.

anybody fishing sentry? or heard any reports? getting tired of green can and the hump
Fished it yesterday-lots of pinks-not a ton of bait on the low slack-hit a74 ish cm spring on a jig-only bait ball I saw. Not too many boats-definitely slowed down from last week .

Fished it yesterday-lots of pinks-not a ton of bait on the low slack-hit a74 ish cm spring on a jig-only bait ball I saw. Not too many boats-definitely slowed down from last week .

thanks for that Mike. yes it’s slow up my way as well. i may head north Browns Bay / Chatham / Thurston Bay area.

A couple of reports (delayed). Saturday fished North of Flora Islets and caught 25 Coho, with zero being clipped. Caught 5 Chinook with 1 nice keeper. The fishing was very steady. Water depth 225' and down riggers 200-215'. Lots of bait showing deep. Chinook was full of Krill. It is hard to match the Krill bait!
Sunday evening fished east of Tribune Bay and kept 1 Chinook and 2 Pinks. Chinook had 4" Herring in stomach. Lots of bait at surface, jumping. It looked like 3"-4". Lost a screamer when he spit the hook after 30 seconds. The Coho Killer was completely mangled.
Fished with Coho Killers and / or 3" spoons behind flashers. Green hootchies were also working. Tight lines all!

This guy needs to be educated? Two 26lbers kept. People have no idea of the regs. Maybe he released them but it doesn't appear so.

If you know him, he might want to take down his post.

Last edited:
Back to fishing reports here. Don't know what that guy did or didn't do with the fish, but that can be dealt with on FB if anyone chooses to.

Back