2021 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Point made, Fixit appears to know the regs, others may have been alerted to them, and now we can let this go and get back to fishing reports.

Out in the newly open 14-9 area today. Two or three other boats that didn’t seem to be catching. One under size Spring for me. Anyone else fishing this area?
We found some bait and picked up a keeper the other day

Out in the newly open 14-9 area today. Two or three other boats that didn’t seem to be catching. One under size Spring for me. Anyone else fishing this area?
Picked up a spring 67 cm tonight right before I pulled the lines to go home around 8pm. Close to where 14-12 and 14-9 meet. Green hoochie/green flasher 50ft

Last edited:
I was on the water at 6:05 am last Sunday until noon, only one bite near Lazo but very lumpy with the wind, saw a few boats out there

Had 3 keeper springs at Grant’s reef yesterday evening. Down deep at 200 feet on coho killers. A half dozen or so shakers.

I was on my way to Denman yesterday and as I rounded the tip of Texada in about 500 feet of water I saw a fish jump. Marking a ton around 50 feet so I decided to stop and cast out a pink buzz bomb. I reeled up and a salmon just followed my lure right to the boat. It just circled around it staring at it. I tried jigging it to entice a bite but I ran out of line. It's too bad those little gibbs 4 pack buzz bombs don't flutter at all when you drop them or I probably could have easily hooked up. Anyways I just thought it was cool. I'm anchored at Henry Bay now, nice spot. Anyone know if any smelting is happening right now? Seems like a pretty ideal beach for it.

Anyone fishing outside of Tribune? There's no salmon on the beach, I can confirm this.

Anyone fishing outside of Tribune? There's no salmon on the beach, I can confirm this.
If your still around Denman try fishing norris rocks in the evening and tack all the way into the bay in tight, do an outside pass back to the rocks and repeat.

Hi there. Looks like I will be in Comox on Saturday and thinking of bring the boat up with me for a morning trip. As I have never fished up that way, does anybody have a spots to try that they are willing to share. Thanks

There are lots of places to fish, are you launching at the Comox Marina, how big of boat do you have? Look on Navionics, there is a hump off Kitty Coleman launch, the bumble bee can off Lazo, Norris rock off the south east end of Hornby can be good. There is also a hump on the Denman Island side of Ajax bank.

Back