2021 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Just came back from Barkley Sound for few days. Fished Austin, Cree, Gibraltar, Assits, Rainy Bay, and Fleming.

We did pretty good. Went home with 5 springs from 14 to 20lbs and some coho. Big thanks to @Derby.

My report is we lost probably half what we kept. I would say fishing is fairly good.

Attachments

• 20210812_160407.jpg
    20210812_160407.jpg
    431.5 KB · Views: 141
Fishing has picked up around the nook. Lots of nice springs coming in, the odd coho being caught too. We have been catching our fish on anchovy or spoons at 30 to70 feet. It was so warm on Thursday afternoon we shut the trolling motor off and went for a swim.

Attachments

• 198BCD9C-F7D0-4FF5-90CA-4F559642E41B.jpeg
    198BCD9C-F7D0-4FF5-90CA-4F559642E41B.jpeg
    179.2 KB · Views: 168
Another great trip to the nook. Our oldest granddaughter caught a 26 lb spring with the help of her dad holding the rod up and letting her know when to get her fingers out of the way when the fish took a couple of good runs. We ended up with a bunch of nice fish. 26 , 22 , 19 ,two 18, and some other smaller ones.was nice not to run far too catch them. Most of the time we dropped the gear right out of nook.

Attachments

• 1F309732-0DB3-4DA8-A37B-8EF8A36A05F5.jpeg
    1F309732-0DB3-4DA8-A37B-8EF8A36A05F5.jpeg
    527.6 KB · Views: 170
  • C283C080-7C1F-4FDE-9082-FBB9A5EA8149.jpeg
    C283C080-7C1F-4FDE-9082-FBB9A5EA8149.jpeg
    177.1 KB · Views: 163
Another great trip to the nook. Our oldest granddaughter caught a 26 lb spring with the help of her dad holding the rod up and letting her know when to get her fingers out of the way when the fish took a couple of good runs. We ended up with a bunch of nice fish. 26 , 22 , 19 ,two 18, and some other smaller ones.was nice not to run far too catch them. Most of the time we dropped the gear right out of nook.
That's awesome! great to see the little ones out there having fun, and some great fish too. What were you having most of your luck on? and were you mainly fishing the wall? thanks

That's awesome! great to see the little ones out there having fun, and some great fish too. What were you having most of your luck on? and were you mainly fishing the wall? thanks
No we were fishing around Danvers. And most of the fish were caught on anchovy. 25 ft to 60 ft green onion flashers and green jdf anchovy heads

Well I just got back from bamfield. Our family trip. I spent most of the time fishing with my brother in law. The run up the channel was calm and thick fog. We fish for a while before check in. Tons of shakers on the wall that day. So we spent most of our time for the rest of the trip out at Beal. Tons of Shakers everywhere. We ended up doing better on the wall. We both caught our limits mainly ten pounders with a 19# and 22# mixed in. Our cut off time was ten am Tuesday morning. 10:04 I got the 22# fish. I bet it was the same fish that snapped my rod holder on Monday night.
Overall great trip, the locals in bamfield are very knowledgeable and we got tons of advice. Mills landing was typically awesome. See you next year Bamfield.View attachment 68921View attachment 68922
Is this the best place for fish processing in Bamfield? What’re the rates?

Is this the best place for fish processing in Bamfield? What’re the rates?
I've only ever had fish packaged at Mills, so hard to say it's the best. That being said I'm always happy. Have had product last up to two years in the freezer. They use good bags and have a proper walk in freezer. 3 bucks per bag and a buck for the freezer space. So 4 bucks. Bullshitting with Jerry is priceless. Check out his appearance on Reel Westcoast. "Bounce the bottom for Halis, come a bit get your springs, come a bit and get your coho. Home by 1."

I've only ever had fish packaged at Mills, so hard to say it's the best. That being said I'm always happy. Have had product last up to two years in the freezer. They use good bags and have a proper walk in freezer. 3 bucks per bag and a buck for the freezer space. So 4 bucks. Bullshitting with Jerry is priceless. Check out his appearance on Reel Westcoast. "Bounce the bottom for Halis, come a bit get your springs, come a bit and get your coho. Home by 1."
I was LITERALLY watching that earlier today. It just be fate. Was mostly wondering where he was talking about!

chopper just located the drowning victim. i am trying to find out what happened with the kids :(

Back