2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
....been fishing the north straight the last couple of days....yet to see a school of socks in the area. 2016 we fished this area in mid August and we could see them on the surface and sonar.
Saw a bunch coming through in Port Hardy a month ago-even C&R'ed one on a hootchie.

Sat and Sun went to Thrasher. Tried to troll salmon but no luck, switched to lings and rocks but no luck on Saturday due no current. On Sunday also slow, but after 4 PM current picked up and managed to get keeper.
Does anyone know how to predict currents around Thrasher? I was expecting it to pick up between slacks but it appeared around high slack. Very confusing.

Sat and Sun went to Thrasher. Tried to troll salmon but no luck, switched to lings and rocks but no luck on Saturday due no current. On Sunday also slow, but after 4 PM current picked up and managed to get keeper.
Does anyone know how to predict currents around Thrasher? I was expecting it to pick up between slacks but it appeared around high slack. Very confusing.
Don't have my tide/current book with me so can't check that for you right now but if I remember correctly the closest current station is Gabriola Passage. Not sure how close that would be to Thrasher's time line but I would think it would be close time wise.

http://www.dairiki.org/tides/monthly.php/gab

Returned from a morning (8-2pm) at W.Van. Trolling herring, coho killer, white hoochie tried pretty much everything in the tool box.
Lots marking but no takers. Around 10-12 boats and never saw a net out. Not the best time/tide but had to give it a try. 1 crab

Same thing for me last night between 3 to 7:30. Not a bite. Used bait, spoons and hoochies. But tons of fish onscreen. Is it that the fish are only interested in gojng upriver to spawn?

Same thing for me last night between 3 to 7:30. Not a bite. Used bait, spoons and hoochies. But tons of fish onscreen. Is it that the fish are only interested in gojng upriver to spawn?
They have been eating all their lives to spawn. I think now they either bite out of habit or they just get pissed off.

Well I tried from noon until 6 to **** them off but things stayed calm. Hoochies, spoons and chovies all were a no go. Lots on the sounder but all were very tight lipped.

There's hot days and dead days in West Van put your time in a you will be rewarded, more washing hooks then catching, for some it's better to keep
your boat parked and wait for September, found early mornings were the best, later in Sept it will be all day thing with bigger coho showing soon, hopefully
the jumpers.. man i miss those..

Just wondering I want to launch at Vanier park and take off for 4 days can I buy 4days and leave my truck and trailer?,everything ive read says no overnight parking?

Just wondering I want to launch at Vanier park and take off for 4 days can I buy 4days and leave my truck and trailer?,everything ive read says no overnight parking?

When I got my annual pass for vanier I asked the parking company that question and they said no overnights.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back