2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch out from those big waves from ship coming out. One container ship put off hell of a wake on us last trip. If we didn't take head on I bet we would have flipped and we are in a 21 ft boat. The wave went right over bow.
that was nuts how big those waves were good thig we did take them head on

I feel better after reading today's reports, thought I forgot how to fish. Started at Gower 7am fished all way to entrance and back to Roberts creek one juvenile Chinook to the boat tried everything I had in tackle box no luck, least it was a beauty on the water for a change.

Seeing those nice pictures there, is there anyone Kayak fishing?
I might do something kinda dumb, since my buddies boat is still out of commission, motor needs worked on.
Seen and have heard people fishing in inflatables by west Van shore line.
whats your guys opinion?
Sure! why not! just make sure no big winds are blowing... or...
No! your NUTZ!! Crazy, a Mad man!!
One of the strongest tidal currents come out of that small opening under the Lions Gate, go for it just pick your days, you see chop forget about it, soon as it gets choppy i pull out.., just make sure your wearing a life jacket... yes i know you probably are already ha some don't and have a submersible hand held for coast guard, or just go at low tide at Ambleside and beach cast for coho's those guys are doing pretty good..

Fished 7 am to Noon. Started off pink apartments, trolled out past Atkinson, then back. Only one bite on the way back in about half way between pink apartments and fisheries in 28-6. Unfortunately it was an 85 cm spring, so just over the slot in the retention area and back it went...

65’ on 3.5 Herring Aide

2 hatch hos west of pink apt on freshly cured chovies 34’ and 65’ on DR Port authority pushing boats to west of Ambleside yellow buoy.

Better than us, one hit and run on the bait side but nothing else. Glad you guys got a couple as I didn't see a net out all morning.

LOTS of bait though marking west of Dundarave.

7-2 shift for us west van not a sniff today . Port authority pushed us out so we stayed up around fisheries most of the day . Cates park was stacked with RCMP , DFO , port authority and the band police . Busy place this afternoon

7-2 shift for us west van not a sniff today . Port authority pushed us out so we stayed up around fisheries most of the day . Cates park was stacked with RCMP , DFO , port authority and the band police . Busy place this afternoon
What would the band police be doing there ?

I heard on channel 16 about a kayaker in the water needing rescue. I saw a SAR chopper east of 2nd narrows flying low towards north east around 3pm. Very busy day on the water indeed.

Yeah, I take water safety pretty seriously, Got the full gambit of stuff for little boat, life jacket, ( I actually the original float coat invented at UBC)
hand held radio, helix 5 portable sonar, safety container. I'm on vacation for this week, hopefully can get out early one morning.
Or like Reeltime says go to Ambleside beach...
We had some crazy things happen on my buddies 16' starcraft Jupiter. couple of times we stood it up on her stern cause of rouge waves.

Fished gower bottom bounced the shoreline at high tide just a 54cm chinook on copcar 3.5" coyote. In around 50-70feet. Wouldnt doubt you get out there first light you could get something looking next weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back