Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone remind me what the Moutcha ramp is like? I’ve got a 2101 Striper.
If my memory is correct it’s gravel or rock base at least part of it. They usually use a tractor to launch their boats. Not sure about visitors. It’s quite well protected so although no dock it’s manageable.

Yep, the bottom is for sure gravel and rock. I launched my aluminum boat there on low tide but it was a bit sketchy...tides are definitely a factor but you should be fine

Yep, the bottom is for sure gravel and rock. I launched my aluminum boat there on low tide but it was a bit sketchy...tides are definitely a factor but you should be fine

If we’re talking Moucha Bay Resort the launch is concrete all the way. Great launch. However at low tide you won’t be getting your boat in at all.

Good bite this AM at Ferrer, a pair of 15s and a 29 for a BYOB group. Almost the first tyee of the season. Big one fell for an anchovy! Fishing had been a bit slow the last week. Inner black and low rock that had been great slowed down. Hopefully means they are moving back in.

PE J18.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bit of a late report. Was up at Nooka staying at lodge Saturday to Monday with my dad. Fishing was really slow for our boat. Only one spring, 19lbs, for us. Caught on anchovy but was stuffed with squid. Monday was the best day, lost lots of fish, fished around wash rock. Also caught a sockeye in tight which was released. The other days were spent around Beno creek to wash rock.
The other boats did very well. One limited out On springs including a 28 lb.

Amazing area up there. Was my first time around there. Scenery is beautiful. Lots of bait in tight. Saw multiple bigger salmon jumping around.

607ae5b0-ebd3-41f7-809d-7641dcb58447
upload_2020-6-19_14-4-31.png

I agree with you pesc.. I know I sure was concerned, still am for that matter till I see it myself.... Just sent you a PM Mike.....

Reactions: DML
Best news this year. I think a few of us were stressed out about this.
I agree with you pesc.. I know I sure was concerned, still am for that matter till I see it myself.... Just sent you a PM Mike.....

Well that is good news for you guys. For those of south of the boarder tho we still have a major obstacle with the boarder closure. This will mark the first time in 20+ yrs of fishing Nootka that a trip is not looking good.
So please keep up the reports and pics, at least I can feel like was there.

Thanks

Well that is good news for you guys. For those of south of the boarder tho we still have a major obstacle with the boarder closure. This will mark the first time in 20+ yrs of fishing Nootka that a trip is not looking good.
So please keep up the reports and pics, at least I can feel like was there.

Thanks
Hi Fishtech, Yes we will keep you advised of how it is going. You will be able to be kept in the loop vicariously that way, which is better than nothing. It's never fun missing out on something so important as an annual trip. We missed out on our annual two week trout trip to central BC this year for the very same Covid reason. Been doing that one for over 20 years too. Been fishing Nootka for 40 years now, and staying at Critter since day 1 of their existence. Pretty special place....Stay tuned, you will kept informed....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back