Status
Not open for further replies.
You think it’s bad up there, you should come down to US/Wa.! We have been sitting at home for almost 3 months. Fishing was shut down but you could go boating...no kidding. Our liberties are eroding daily. I hope this wakes people up here. Good luck to you all up there. Pulling for you. Freedom knows no boundaries. God Bless.

I could understand closing the launch 3 months ago. Put into perspective. 5 million people in BC of that 150 deaths and 2000 infections. Most those deaths have been in care homes and that is sad for those people and their families. I would not wish that on anyone, but the chances of catching covid are slim and my guess even slimmer on a boat launch. There is no good reason to close the launch. I am planning a trip to Moutcha and have not driven the road their and I was planning to launch in GR. I have a Grady Gulf stream and do not really want to tow it to Moutcha so if launch is not open by June 15 I will probably scrub the trip

I could understand closing the launch 3 months ago. Put into perspective. 5 million people in BC of that 150 deaths and 2000 infections. Most those deaths have been in care homes and that is sad for those people and their families. I would not wish that on anyone, but the chances of catching covid are slim and my guess even slimmer on a boat launch. There is no good reason to close the launch. I am planning a trip to Moutcha and have not driven the road their and I was planning to launch in GR. I have a Grady Gulf stream and do not really want to tow it to Moutcha so if launch is not open by June 15 I will probably scrub the trip
You and many others.

We let this go for a bit but now it is time to get back to what this thread is about...fishing reports. I get that there isn't much to report yet, and this whole year has been turned on it's ear, but the other discussions can be had in a different thread moving forward.

Thanks.

Is there many fish inside in June or do you need to get outside to find them. Thinking of taking the wife but don't want to put her off first trip to the west coast for her

Is there many fish inside in June or do you need to get outside to find them. Thinking of taking the wife but don't want to put her off first trip to the west coast for her
x2 for outside. you don’t have to go way the hell offshore though. we’ve done well at Beano Creek area in June. don’t expect monsters but there will be mid teen fish around

i am going up to Zeballos towing my boat on the 29 May going fishing Port Eliza lodge for a few day and check it out how is the fishing doing up there.

i have been towing my boat for 3 years now to Zeballos and find the road way better that Thasis and with the new owner at Port Eliza lodge it is fun to stay there all my past customer love the place that they keep coming back up there.

Staff and owner will do what ever possible to make your stay enjoyable , they have gas there for us, the also have a license for beer and spirit drink after a good day fishing is nice and only 10 minute from good fishing ground.
could not find a better place that is why i will keep going up there.

Depends on what you consider outside. In June in Esperanza Ferrer, low rock, sometumes Pin Rocks, outside Catella Island, Grassy, Rugged point will all produce fish. They are not completely protected inside Inlet spots like Rosa which is more mid July through August. Been rough this week in those spots, so have stayed in the inlet catching feeders off Garden Point. They like cop car coho killers or wee-gs at 50 to 70 feet in 130 feet of water in front of the beach.

Attachments

• 20200519_204552.jpg
    20200519_204552.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 144
CamelRock , San Carlos third week o f June.... approach waters Friendly Cove and Burdwood are good spots to test out peoples reaction to much smaller swells

Limits of Chinook again this morning, 10 minutes run from the Lodge! They are full of squid, but not touching hootchies, wee-g's are the ticket. Cookies and cream cop car, purple.

View attachment 53346
Right on! Really appreciate you updating this thread with the local info/fishing reports regularly Robert. Looks like you guys have been having a great start to the season.

Right on! Really appreciate you updating this thread with the local info/fishing reports regularly Robert. Looks like you guys have been having a great start to the season.

No problem, happy to keep fellow fishermen informed about whats going on in the Esperanza Inlet area. Its been a bit snotty weather last couple of days, so we haven't been out, but know a few guys who did, there are still springs at Inner black rock, and a guy out of Queens cove was out yesterday and got 3, including a 25 doing the low rock to high rock tack in front of Catella Island. That tack was very productive last year through June and much of July, so that's a good sign they are here already. They got the 25 on a hootchie, but spoons have been working well too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back